Sign in to follow this  
Col Kurtz

Radio samples

I have just extracted some OGG sound files (Radio samples taken from the 1985 campaign) and would like to use them in my own missions, but how? I have the files I want to use but I cant get them to work. I tried using a trigger to activate the following....... [] exec "name of file.ogg" ...... but the game just crashes when I try this. If anyone can help me on this I would be grateful.

Col Kurtz

I dont know how this works since I havent wanted to add any sounds to my missions but here is a link to where you can find out.

Look man. That tutorial sucks! I had to get someone to help me. Download DBpowerAMP to convert your sounds. I have a description.ext if you want it emailed to you as a template i will be more than happy to email it. If you have msn messanger ill add you if you want help. Your choice.

Thanks Lonesoldier but I got it all working now, its easier to do than I thought;)

I've recorded my own sounds and converted them to .ogg. My thought was to use them for radio messages. Does anyone know how to make them "sound" like they are transmitted from a radio?

Engineer------usually if u distort it lightly, it sound pretty good

i got an idea.....you could "jerry rig" a recording by using 2 two way radios, have one next to the mic, then go 2 the other side of the room and talk into the other radio........pretty ghetto i know, but i think it jus might work tounge.gif