Sign in to follow this  
Hinds

Seeking Long-term* Assistance!

Hello, guys. This seemed to be the most active ArmA editor forum out there, so here we are. Anyhoo, I got back in to ArmA recently and have always liked the editor. It's fun to just make random scenarios and play them out...

But now for why I am specifically here: two things, (1) I would like it if I could get a hold of one or more people to answer various questions about editing over a period of time. I'd like to start working on actual missions, so being able to say what I want to do and then learning how to do that seems a good way to go.

As far as the editor goes, I have what I would consider a basic grasp of it. I can generally find the various boxes, drop-downs, etc. I know a bit about the Initialization line, can drop varying waypoints, etc. I've read Mr. Murray's guide but that left me with questions, particularly on the out-of-game file-keeping. Things such as... the actual making of the mission like win/lose, triggers (for the most part), and that kind of stuff? I could sure use direction.

Now, I'm not sure how we'd keep in touch. This forum is perfectly fine, or we can use e-mail or somebody's Ventrilo/TS server (if you prefer voice). Whatever works.******

So is anyone here interested in this? Let me know. You'd be much appreciated!

(Part 2): If not, that's okay. I have a first question to pose for any who want to answer.

Here it is: I want my first mission to be an open-combat mission focused on killing an enemy officer in a small city. I'm trying to keep it simple to start, but I think I want the player and one NPC (plus a support squad of 2 - they'll hang out by the chopper) to be dropped by an MH6 in a flat space in the city and then directed across a few streets to the officer (I'm thinking the Porto map for now). The player kills the officer, and gets back on the MH6. Then the 2 support NPCs board the chopper AFTER the player's squad, the chopper takes off and flies towards a certain location, triggering the end of the mission.

I know that's a lot, but does anyone have any tips for me that may help me complete some of those tasks above? It seems like a lot of triggers and synchronizing that I am unsure how to do. At any rate, thanks for your time, guys! :D

Welcome to the forums,

If you come across any problems when making missions to do with anything, create a new thread you don't need one person when you can have the whole forum to help you

I'd be happy to assist if you need help, give me a PM if your interested.

Welcome to the forums,

If you come across any problems when making missions to do with anything, create a new thread you don't need one person when you can have the whole forum to help you

Fair enough; was just pitching it as a project and indicating the nature of the task. Thanks. =)

I'd be happy to assist if you need help, give me a PM if your interested.

Alright, will do. Thanks for the reply. :D

I'll end up hitting both the forum and using PM's. I suppose it'll depend on the question. We'll see! Thanks again, guys.