Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Any Good CTI or Warfare?

Are there any good CTI or Warfare missions that do not require a dedicated server to run? Everything I find from Warfare BE to Gossamer's Warfare requires a dedicated server, something I do not have the capability to run. I've got a great computer, though whenever I try hosting a dedicated server with more than just myself my FPS decreases to about -2. Of course hosting locally is fine.

I really like the vanilla Warfare missions such as Mountain Warfare in OA. They are just seriously lacking on content. I feel like about half the content in the game (vehicles, weapons, buildings) is missing from standard Warfare missions. Even some of the factions are completely devoid of Warfare such as BAF, PMC, Germany, United Nations, ACR, etc.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I think - no. You must run it on local server. Or create dedicate server on your local PC. After join to the game.

Alright. I'm willing to learn how to setup a dedicated server properly. Could somebody please help me with it if that's the only way? Why does everything require a dedicated server when the standard modes do not?

I've heard around I am supposed to be seeing a server exe in my game installation directory. I looked and searched in all my ArmA 2 Steam directories - nothing.

Cause, this missions were designed for multiplayer mode. Btw, you may to copy this missions into 'arma2\missions'. After in Arma 2 - single missions you'll see these missions. In single mode you can't change warfare parameters and player role. Also, you'll have one life for all game.

http://hotshots.folkersma.org/

left side of the page is downloads go to missions and download 2.067 zgm6

put the missions into your mpmission folder then host lan or internet

u can change parameters as u like u can even save it and continue your warfare next time u try to join

Edited by Archangellos

Cause, this missions were designed for multiplayer mode. Btw, you may to copy this missions into 'arma2\missions'. After in Arma 2 - single missions you'll see these missions. In single mode you can't change warfare parameters and player role. Also, you'll have one life for all game.

I think you are not understanding what I'm saying. I host the game over the internet with standard Warfare and play with friends. I cannot however host a dedicated server, only a local server.

http://hotshots.folkersma.org/

left side of the page is downloads go to missions and download 2.067 zgm6

put the missions into your mpmission folder then host lan or internet

u can change parameters as u like u can even save it and continue your warfare next time u try to join

Thank you very much for the help. Only problem is the download link on that webpage seems to be broken. I cannot access the page, just says "sending request" then "could not connect to 78.47.95.193". Any mirrors for the download on another site? I'll check ArmAholic.

EDIT: Nothing on ArmAholic.com.

EDIT 2: I did a google search and found a nifty link here. Will this newer version work? http://dev-heaven.net/projects/warfare-be/versions/898

Just add "-server" in the shortcut or try it with ArmaOA/Arma2 startup parameters in Steam. Don't forget to configure server.cfg & Arma2 or ArmaOA.cfg.http://www.google.com/custom?hl=de&cof=&domains=/community.bistudio.com&q=server&sitesearch=/community.bistudio.comgood luck:p

Maybe you have luck in"STEAM > Library > Tools"

Edited by TeilX

aint broken but sometimes ye i cannot connect too i dunno why that happens but try later am sure u ll connect eventually and yes 2.068 CO lite will work for you but i think it has lots of bugs at moment so prefer this one gave you a link its more stable

aslo try the new map of Tup Qom province its wonderful and has a warfare mission too which am playing right now and havent found a bug yet

Edited by Archangellos

Alright I tried the mission and I've got this problem: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1899290&postcount=4083

Are you sure you got this mission working with the AI properly?

EDIT: Just saw your edited message. :P So you say 2.068 is more buggy than 2.067 (older) that you linked? I'll try the one you gave me as soon as I can access the download page. So far I just tried the newer one, figured that'd be better. :D Thank you SO much for all your help guys. I appreciate it so much.

ok first of all at parameters change the ai to squad zise of 6 the make sure you enable ai teams and ai commander when u start the mission you have to go commander and the from options go to team orders and make some changes to what kind of units they buy

then start making upgrades

dont expect the ai team leaders to buy at start after a couple of upgrades and depending the kind of units and the money they have they will start buying believe me

So after constructing a light vehicle factory and some mechanized infantry squads they should buy some right? I'm still trying to get the newer version working because so far I can't download the one you sent me.

Oh I need upgrades before they buy vehicles? lol I'm not even sure what upgrades are. I think I need to hit the books. :P So until I buy these upgrades my army is gonna be infantry based? Should I upgrade existing factories before building new ones? Last but not least; what's the difference between what you sent me and the newer version? I notice it has an extra tag at the end of the version number, almost like a custom variant.

well even infatry need upgrades for example if an ai team leader is set to buy delta force soldiers he will not buy anything till the barracks upgrade goes to level 3 which unlocks delta force units

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

as commander from option go to upgrade menu and u ll see a tree of upgrades for factories

How do I increase a towns supply value (SV)? There are no trucks. :(

Alright last question: What is the Auto AI: Enable/Disable feature?

supply comes now with no trucks but time every minute you get the supply and money from the towns u have conquer

auto ai enable or disable feature have never palyed with it but i thinks it disables ai or enables better not touch it