Sign in to follow this  
PeterBitt

kbtell in intro.sqs (camera) - BUG?

heyho!

i searched the forums quite some time but did not find something similar, so i decided to ask you guys :rolleyes:

in my intro.sqs (with camscripting) i use "kbtell" + "conversations.bikb" for conversations, wich shows the text as radio chat in the lower left of my screen.

always when i did that i had a problems with the text, as sometimes some texts stay there until i restart the whole game - on every intro restart the texts are already displayed and do never fade out!?

this never was a problem for me, because it only happened in editor preview.

but now i use the timedisplay from harvest red via the intro section of the mission that follows after the intro of my campaign.

now the kbtell texts from the intro mission (mission_0) are displayed in the intro from mission_1 (http://img534.imageshack.us/f/arma2oa2011041414323325.jpg/)

is this a known bug or am i doing something wrong here?

any way do hide the conversations?

thank you

i know with setTitletext you hide any text by showing this text: ""

your download link was blocked by my AVG for virus

the site or your file had a backdoor blackhole exploit virus.

Edit: it appears to have been a false positive.

Edited by Demonized

Demonized... It's just Imageshack. Your AVG is definitely finding a false positive.

woot? virus warning?! i think zipper5 is right about that :)

settitletext ""; is not working for me - do you mean "titleText ["", "PLAIN"]" ?

Edited by PeterBitt

well, i entered imageshack at another "safe" picture and no warnings, only happens with above link, i have AVG newest full internet security.

Edit: now your download link is "safe", no virus warnings :)

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:26 ----------

settitletext ""; is not working for me - do you mean "titleText ["", "PLAIN"]" ?

ah yes thats the one.

What i meant was for you to show a conversation with ""

hopefully that will dispaly nothing, and your screen would be clear.

i think you might be missing something with your kbtell. It should automatically fade out after a few seconds of being said.

if you say its coming up immediatly at the intro, then you need to adjust when it happens. it could be that you put it before a waituntil part of your camscript, which causes it to load too fast.

might be best to convert it to sqf, and add the kbtell into the cam script itself once a certain condition is met (such as black screen has faded in) or something.

i have kbtell set up correctly, it is fading out properly but this is my problem:

campaign structure:

1. Intro (camscripting+kbtell)

2. Intro for mission 2 (all kbtell texts from previous mission (1.Intro) get displayed at once :confused:)

3. Mission 2

no one else experienced troubles with kbtell in intros?

this also happens when i preview the intro in editor - i always have a huge block of text from the previous previews on my screen.

I cant even get sidechat to work in the intro. Is this really the case? Then what do I do for conversation text in the intro? So far I'm not worried about voiceovers but eventually I want to add those too. But for now what's the best way to show conversations in the intro?

Also, where do I find more info about using conversations.bikb files? The biki and forum search doesn't yield much for me.