Sign in to follow this  
pukey

Grounded mission chopper keeps crashing

Every time I fly the chopper to the point where the repair truck is waiting to make repairs, the game produces a cut scene, indicating an emegency situation for some troops. The next thing shows the chopper landing, then "updating" and at that point the chopper crashes and I'm DEAD! I've tried about 20 times and can't figure out what's wrong. I did notice that the chopper is in Condition Red. Any help will be very much appreciated.

This is a well known problem with this mission. You could try attempting to control the chopper during the cutscene (holding down Q and raising the nose allowed me to regain control afterwards). If that doesn't work though, it might be best to 'unlock' the campaign, then revert back the mission before Grounded. Go to:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/1985/anyorder.htm

for ways to do this.

I haven't really played Red Hammer that often and I'm stuck on the same mission.  Somehow I seem to get bored in that mission or the troops >*die*<.  Hmm, did I make that sound too sarcastic...anyway, in order too land the helicopter(Mi-17) you usually have to slow down to about landing speed and it should work...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ May 18 2002,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a well known problem with this mission. You could try attempting to control the chopper during the cutscene (holding down Q and raising the nose allowed me to regain control afterwards). If that doesn't work though, it might be best to 'unlock' the campaign, then revert back the mission before Grounded. Go to:

for ways to do this.<span id='postcolor'>

Umm, don't you mean after the mission Grounded instead of before???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([bA][Cpl]I-RZ# @ May 19 2002,05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ May 18 2002,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a well known problem with this mission. You could try attempting to control the chopper during the cutscene (holding down Q and raising the nose allowed me to regain control afterwards). If that doesn't work though, it might be best to 'unlock' the campaign, then revert back the mission before Grounded. Go to:

for ways to do this.<span id='postcolor'>

Umm, don't you mean after the mission Grounded instead of before???<span id='postcolor'>

Yes. tounge.gif

I finally got past that same problem, Been driving me fkn nuts.

As soon as you come out of the cutscene, hold full up & full throttle then hit autohover, It'll bounce on the ground a bit then pull up.

Al

You can also try going into the cutscene with a huge altitude. If you begin climbing to about 1500 before you pass over the repair area you will be fine after the cutscene ends. You usually end up flying around 2000 with an airspeed over 600.