Sign in to follow this  
scroll_tro0l

Placing Buildings in Editor

Hey doodz!

Me and my buddy were editing our training map and he mentioned something about the buildings being hidden from the editor's view. Is there a way for me to go about placing buildings on my map? (In specific, I want to place the villa from Zargabad on Takistan)

Any help would be much appreciated!

We be Havin Fun Fasho,

Scroll Tro0L

Thank you very much!

Problem #2 - Will the buildings be accessable/visible to persons not using the EditorUpdate Addon?

SOLUTION - Yes! Ignore my previous comment, the mod clearly says "The file "overrides" the default BIS hidden classes and makes them visible. So players doesn't need the addon, only creators"

Gracias for the quick help,

Scroll Tro0L

Edited by Scroll_Tro0L

Only the person placing them down needs the addon, after the mission is made, you dont need it nor do the clients.

Haha!

I guess my edit wasn't quick enough =P

My mistake for not fully reading the mod, I must've been too excited!

Also, under which object do you think the mod appears? I'll probably wander around for hours before I figure that out myself =\

Thank you for your continued support!

Scroll Tro0L

I think it says OAhouses or something like that, its been a few months since I have used it. But its pretty easy to figure out. Now the BIS naming scheme for the buildings is not..lol you will just have to place and test to find the one you need. :)

Alrighty!

I'll find it eventualy...

But since im already speaking with an experienced editor, how would you recommend going about making a fence perimeter around a zone?

Thanks in advanced,

Scroll Tro0L

I have tried a lot of different walls/fences/etc... but the best thing I have found is large H-Barriers. Not the prettiest butt it works the best for zoning off a section. I make a small section maybe 5 or 6 H-Barriers long get them all placed right and looking good, then I just copy and paste, and then make any small corrections to the overall fence.