Sign in to follow this  
mikeap

Beginning Mission Briefs

All,

I have 2 questions regarding mission briefs and objectives.

1. I'm looking for a way to start SP missions at the map screen, giving players the option to 'continue' after they've read the mission briefing, much like ArmA2 and OA scenarios.

2. How would I automatically set tasks? For example, my first objective isnt setting as default, and when thats complete neither is the second. Got it, thank you

Much appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by MikeAP

Ok thanks. I tossed this up in my briefing and it works now

tskobj_1 = player createSimpleTask["Secure the Crash Site"];
tskobj_1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Secure the <marker name='CrashSite'>crash site</marker>, destroy the crashed helicopter", "Secure the Site", "Crash Site"];
tskobj_1 setSimpleTaskDestination (getMarkerPos "CrashSite");
tskobj_1 setTaskState "assigned";
player setCurrentTask tskobj_1; 

I'm still trying to find info on the map briefing...I tried searching, but I'm not even sure what its propperly called

Edited by MikeAP

from above link

Tasks can be created at any time from anywhere (trigger, script, etc). They do not need to be created in a file called "briefing.sqf"

try using init.sqf or another script started from init.sqf

regarding this:

tskobj_1 setSimpleTaskDescription ["Secure the <marker name='CrashSite'>crash site</marker>, destroy the crashed helicopter", "Secure the Site", "Crash Site"];

not sure if it will work, maybe look at this link: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSimpleTaskDescription

Read the above link and click on each or search for each command in the wiki there and you will get it to work.

from above link

try using init.sqf or another script started from init.sqf

regarding this: <marker name='CrashSite'>crash site</marker>,

not sure if it will work, maybe look at this link: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setSimpleTaskDescription

Read the above link and click on each or search for each command in the wiki there and you will get it to work.

The marker works.

Tasks can be created at any time from anywhere (trigger, script, etc). They do not need to be created in a file called "briefing.sqf"

I had to read that twice...but for some reason I cant get them to work off of Triggers

I had to read that twice...but for some reason I cant get them to work off of Triggers
i pasted code in a trigger and activated it by radio trigger and with entering trigger area, all working as normal.

Probably an spelling error or error in trigger condition.

And triggers dont activate during briefing.

Anyone have any clue about the mission briefing screen. I've been checking google, but didnt find anything.

and..just for clarification. My mission brief screen isnt loading during SP Scenarios. When the game starts, it has all the notes and tasks, just not letting the player go to a briefing before being thrown into the game.

Edited by MikeAP

Add a briefing.html?

In your Description.ext do you have the following line?

Briefing = 1;

Note from wiki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

Briefing = 0;

Skip briefing screen for SP missions. If no briefing.html is present, it is skipped anyway. Note: Added in 1.05

Also you need this at the top of your init.sqf

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

BriefedUnits = [];

This is an empty briefing.html - save it as briefing.html from notepad.

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">

<title>Title</title>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<! -----DEBRIEFING----->

<! -----DEBRIEFING END----->

</body>
</html>

Tested all the above - a map will appear with the briefing notes at the start of the mission. You have to press 'continue' to start.

Edited by PELHAM

PELHAM,

Thank you very much. It works