Sign in to follow this  
teach

Red harvest crash

Well, after playing this for an hour or more doing everything right in the Manhatten mission, I finally get to the last task and located the main Chedaki base! Just as Im starting to attack and am told to wait for reinforcements, my game crashes and my save game...the autosave...is somehow corrupted.

Id hate to do the whole mission over. I know I can use the cheat to unlock the campaign so I can just move on, but doesnt that somehow mess me up if I load the next mission and cant save it or advance in the whole campaign from a cheat unlocked mission?

Please be more specific so we can help faster:

What windows version?

What patch version?

What is Harvest red? ;) Oh you mean Red Harvest campaign Manhattan mission (putting mission name in the title might be more helpful for others if browsing topics later).

Anyway even though your autosave might be corrupted (personally I have not seen corrupted saves after 1.56 patch). It is possible that you have manual save and/or suspend save in your savegame folder, so starting over might not be required, just deleting autosave. If you need help for checking this, that is why I asked Windows version, since they are not always in same place.

I do not recommend using those cheats in any situation they are just a cheap workaround with bad side-effects and without them there would have been much more pressure from the players to the developers to actually fix more issues on missions. So thanks to those cheats we still see more bugs in missions.

Edited by Hanzu

As Hanzu suggested, try moving or deleting the autosave and reverting to a manual save game, or perhaps a suspend save (continue save). If you can thus resurrect your game, I would install the 1.09 patch immediately if you haven't already, as it contains many script fixes, some I think for Manhattan.

That part of Manhattan is very buggy. The triggers for objective completion have problems. At that same point, I had several objectives complete in rapid, cascading fashion (Lagushina-related extraction, destroy base, etc.). Something's very fishy there, and I hope the 1.09 patch fixes at least some of these problems.

Well, after playing this for an hour or more doing everything right in the Manhatten mission, I finally get to the last task and located the main Chedaki base! Just as Im starting to attack and am told to wait for reinforcements, my game crashes and my save game...the autosave...is somehow corrupted.

Id hate to do the whole mission over. I know I can use the cheat to unlock the campaign so I can just move on, but doesnt that somehow mess me up if I load the next mission and cant save it or advance in the whole campaign from a cheat unlocked mission?

Same thing happened to me (p 1.08, I think) . Nothing to do other than resume from last save. Also, I found it was not a one-time thing after you resume. It happens over and over. I think that it has to do with bugs/glitches either in the engine or the complexity of data set accumulated at or around that point.

Same thing happened to me (p 1.08, I think) . Nothing to do other than resume from last save. Also, I found it was not a one-time thing after you resume. It happens over and over. I think that it has to do with bugs/glitches either in the engine or the complexity of data set accumulated at or around that point.

I like to say it is another good reason to play Harvest Red with Combined Operations. Arma2 is just too much left behind in patching. I didn't experience that in same situation when playing with 1.54 and now we are going with 1.59 with higher expectations of reliability.