Sign in to follow this  
-BZ- Wardog

Starting from scratch

OK...I'm ready to pull thr trigger and buy this game....I am a veteran online game players..but very particular about BUYING games because the oh-so-often end up as worthless wastes of time and end up deleted a week later, and 40$ down the drain...but I think OFP has shown me enough to take the chance and lock-n-load...So....Where do I start...

Assume I know how to install the game..and assume I have a massive highly able pc that can play anything...Now..are the Updates automatic?..or do I dl them from the webssite here and then install?..after that...whats next?..what about thise EYE Thing?..where's the multiplayers?.....Wheres the medic?..where's the online mens room?..Mayday! Mayday! I NEED SUPPORT!

Gimme the basics to get up and running....then point me to the iggest tree on the battlefield so i can Hide...I mean....take cover....

dead easy to play no dl not auto have to do old fasion way

you can get extra players dl from all over and extra weapons

play game first and get used to command menu it easy after a while it's like SEX you never get it right first time any probs drop me a line

okay let's begin by the beginning:

First u must patch your games with all the patch there

there ftp://www.flashpoint1985.com/fp/OFPMPTest_1_55.zip

Second get all seeing eyes and run it

http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Find a server not empty, wait in the lobby if a game started (30min game is normal),get in the list (but not in the top u ll have special function like disable AI), if u see a coop mission u ll have to help the guys to finish the mission.

Last try to aim correctly, and aim the right guy *dont expect a high score like CS... a guy that kill 9 ppl in a standart CTF with 20 ppl is good*, and for the first time do not try to fly helo nor plane *too difficult u ll crash for sure*, try get gunner in a tank... dont use the LAW or RPG till u understand how to aim correctly

***my last notice: try to play the campaign that ll help u alot in training at LAW/plane/chopper and other***

OPF is very hard to even understand it, dont worry, enjoy, good game

one thing i recommend is that you play ofp in single player mode for at least a month before venturing out to the wasteland that is multiplayer. first it will teach you how to read the map and the uniforms (very important). second it will insure that you don't die everytime and never see anyone except your team-mates at spawn. believe me many are the times i've seen written "man i didn't see anyone during the whole map!" after a game is over. these are people who haven't bothered to understand the game to the minimum, therefore they are spanked easily by the opposition(don't be one of those people). finally it should teach you in not making an arse of yourself and accidentally wiping out half the team trying to fly a chopper. if you follow my simple rule you should have a very enjoyable time palying ofp in multiplayer.

p.s. don't be suprised if multiplayer games take longer to set up than the duration of the map.

Oh yeah, before you start a thread asking where the CD-KEY is, it's in the last few pages of the booklet. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-