Sign in to follow this  
dbeaty2

PMC #5 Elimination

Hi, in the campaign game, I am on mission 5, with the tanks. One strategy I had was to find a tank with the crew turned out. They really don't have any security. Then take them out from about 300 meters. From there we sneak up and steal their armor. This works fine and gives me a great ride. But, and here's the oddity, if we exit the tank. BAM! it explodes. No matter when or where. Could be an hour later, if we exit, BAM! I even tried running full speed into the crater, and ejecting right at the edge. No luck. Kaboom! PMC kabobs.

I know this strategy wasn't intended and we are supposed to take out the engine blocks, but hey, those crew dudes were soft targets, as Charlie Sheen would say here in the states!

Hi, in the campaign game, I am on mission 5, with the tanks. One strategy I had was to find a tank with the crew turned out. They really don't have any security. Then take them out from about 300 meters. From there we sneak up and steal their armor. This works fine and gives me a great ride. But, and here's the oddity, if we exit the tank. BAM! it explodes. No matter when or where. Could be an hour later, if we exit, BAM! I even tried running full speed into the crater, and ejecting right at the edge. No luck. Kaboom! PMC kabobs.

I know this strategy wasn't intended and we are supposed to take out the engine blocks, but hey, those crew dudes were soft targets, as Charlie Sheen would say here in the states!

I did the exact same thing and was somewhat annoyed that we werent allowed to do this because of some arbitrary rules set by the mission editor. At least that is what i assume.

Edited by NeMeSiS

I did the exact same thing and was somewhat annoyed that we werent allowed to do this because of some arbitrary rules set by the mission editor. At least that is what i assume.

Agreed, they should have locked the doors in the editor. But, in my mind, I just assume they have a booby trap that is tripped when we exit. LOL.

Other than that, the gunners should really turn in when the first armor suddenly erupts into a fireball. That way I wouldn't be tempted to take a head shot.

Other than that, the gunners should really turn in when the first armor suddenly erupts into a fireball. That way I wouldn't be tempted to take a head shot.

Yeah, or a semi-scripted counterattack should be organized once people start getting shot, i never had an enemy come even remotely close.

Overall i still think its a cool mission though, especially because it really uses some less known features, but (as with almost every BI mission), it could be better.