Sign in to follow this  
tinydog

Expansions and such

I own Arma 2 and have noticed certain expansions have been added in patches. was wondering if any expansions, such as PMC BAF RFT are added in patches of CO or OA?

There is only the low quality versions of the DLC for free. Its so people with and without the DLC can play with each others. In regards to the low quality though you get everything. Note: They do look like crap though.

RFT = BAF + PMC Bundled

So if you purchase them (Either seperately or bundled) you get the full quality of the expansion.

I think BI made a good thing is to provide the LITE Version for those that never purchased the DLCs, unlike other games in the market....

Patch 1.57 gives us free BAF and PMC, and the graphics quality is okay unless you get up close, then you'll notice vehicles might be missing some rivet lines etc, or the guys uniform fabric is slightly blurred.

But during play those things aren't really noticeable and we can live quite happily with them.

Here are some BAF screenshots I just took, this is not the addon package, it's just some of the free units that came with 1.57-

aaa.jpg

bbb.jpg

ccc.jpg

they look like crap, and considering how cheap it costs to get the DLC, you might as well...then you get to see the great models and also support a great title and dev team

Yes but the point is that anybody on a limited budget (kids/students/henpecked hubs etc) can make do with the Lites for a while until they can scrape up the cash to buy the addons..:)

Im a student, and can afford a DLC, i would highly recommend getting the DLC's they are worth and at the same time support BIS :)

Im a student, and can afford a DLC, i would highly recommend getting the DLC's they are worth and at the same time support BIS :)

Yeah, PMC/BAF cost about 9€ each. 9 beers or a couple of hours gameplay... :D

heh Bohemia should hire you guys for sales, giving all these sale pitches. think ill get Operation arrowhead then bang out all DLC's.