Sign in to follow this  
Hanzu

COOP 08 Payback - anyone ever managed to complete this mission?

We have been playing COOP 08 Payback with Expert difficulty every now and then since september 2010 and it begins to look like it is not working so well. This mission comes with BAF (Lite) and BAF DLC. We have only tested with BAF (Lite) so far, but I've preordered Arma2: Reinforcements which includes full version of BAF, so there is a little hope this mission would work there.

Not only once we have noticed after eliminating all enemies and destroying their vehicles mission will just not end. There are only a 2 tasks=objectives in this mission so it should not be too complicated design to work no matter in what order you play.

These forums have 0 posts about this mission (until now).

Youtube has 0 videos about this mission.

Google finds nothing useful about this mission.

Please share here your experiences on this mission. Especially if you have BAF DLC or Arma2: Reinforcements.

Edited by Hanzu

Because of forum rules, I cannot easily participate in that dicussion since the post is older than 4 months, but thank you Jezuro. So mission is called "B09 - Payback" in BAF DLC campaign. Ofcourse I forumsearched "Payback" too, but it gave 178 references and too many of them were about some user mission called CO40 Payback, so I gave up searching.

As you know we with BAF (Lite) have no BAF campaign. So there were no way to check how single player version of this mission works. Is it possible there is a difference in 09 - Payback and COOP 08 Payback? The fact there is still no-one who has reported completing COOP 08 Payback.

These players have run into same problem and I suspect there is a bug that makes this mission never ending if you clear too many enemies before completing task "Locate UN vehicles".

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1759405&postcount=11

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=13420

Edited by Hanzu

I managed to complete COOP 08 Payback alone and here is what I found out:

• There is a NLAW tube missing bug. http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/18344
  • It seems to be important to go close to UN vehicles before killing too many enemies to complete "Locate UN property"-task and to get "Defend UN vehicles"-task. Not 100% sure if it is required, but it sure seems to give higher chance that mission will complete. Everytime we played by first clearing all enemies and then going to UN vehicles, "Locate UN propterty" did not trigger anymore.
  • Once "Defend UN vehicles"-task is assigned, mission should end when all enemy soldiers are eliminated inside and at close perimeter of the camp where UN vehicles are (red rectangle in map). Please note that you need to check all buildings and vehicles. New enemies will not spawn, but they will move there from other parts of the map. Mostly from openings in the fence.
  • Empty and damaged abandoned enemy vehicles do not have to be destroyed. I had some of the inside the camp.
  • There is a stationary grenade launcher in south of the camp with enemy sitting and operating it. GPS COORDS 013007. That enemy has to be eliminated and you can disassemble and reassemble that grenade launcher for example to the road in front of the main gate.
  • It is a good idea to check UN Ural and UAZ vehicles with Engineer. Go behind them and if Engineer finds someting to repair in them, then repair it. There is a 50% chance this is required for mission to complete.
  • After there is no enemies in above mentioned perimeter mission will complete in 5-10 seconds after eliminating last enemy there. If new enemy walks to perimeter, mission will go on.
  • When mission ended for me. I had taken out helicopter, some tanks, some APCs and some UAZ and 60 infantry. There were still lots of enemies in North part of the map. So as a 100% sure conclusion not all enemies have to be eliminated.

Even though mission completed I was sent to Multiplayer Setup without Debriefing screen, so yes there is a bug that needs fixing:

http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/18349

If you want more tactical tips to this mission, let me know. Right now I'm too angry about that bug for further writing. :mad:

Edited by Hanzu