Sign in to follow this  
-UF-

Customized Loadout/Units Combat Scenario

Hello, in the single player combat scenario I cannot choose my units or initial loadout. It defaults to a German unit with G36k's.

I love this stock mission because it is dynamic but is there anyway to change the default unit and loadout in some kind of config file or mod?

Thanks!

What mission is it? Can't help you without knowledge of what mission it is? If it's a stock mission from Scenarios there is really no way to change the character model while in mission.

For the loadout, you should be able to when in the 'Map' screen (First view before you select 'Continue' in the corner) by selecting 'Units' and then your character then 'Gear'. It should let you change your weapons.

But the weapons will vary and the character (IE your model may it be KSK or US etc) aren't able to be changed unless you use Teamswitch.

Ahh ok thanks. That's too bad because the Combat Scenario in My Missions is the best way to play this game single player and would be awesome coop.

You choose any insertion point on the whole map and you are radioed random missions. It is very dynamic and unpredicateble.

Do you know if anyone has created a coop version of the Combat Scenario other than Cipher? Cipher is awesome but also suffers from the lack of ability to choose equiptment. Can you mod the Cipher mission for loadout? For example in the stock Cipher kit there is a SMAW but no spotting rounds. I would like more flexibility with the loadout.

If you want random missions that are dynamic and unpredictable, try official missions COOP 08 Armory (Utes) or COOP 08 Armory (Takistan).

In both of them you have pretty much all vehicles and weapons available.

Edited by Hanzu

Hello, in the single player combat scenario I cannot choose my units or initial loadout. It defaults to a German unit with G36k's.

I love this stock mission because it is dynamic but is there anyway to change the default unit and loadout in some kind of config file or mod?

Thanks!

In the mission settings window, click "edit" to enter the mission editor where you can place ammo/weapon crates (close to your insertion point) and use them to replace your current loadout.

But that works only for the loadout and not unit class/faction.

In the mission settings window, click "edit" to enter the mission editor where you can place ammo/weapon crates (close to your insertion point) and use them to replace your current loadout.

But that works only for the loadout and not unit class/faction.

Excellent - this is very helpful. I will try it soon. Thanks.

EDIT: Works like a charm wow what a difference.

Edited by -UF-