Sign in to follow this  
guidozombie

Scuds and Grads firing in the Mission Editor

Hi everybody, i have a question about mission editor, is it posible to make the Scud and Grad fire their missiles/rockets when i am not in command of those vehicles? For example, if i am palying as a Cobra gunner i would like to see them firing before i take them out but i haven't been able to make it so far. In the waypoint menu i select "Combat" and "open Fire", for both the Grad adn the Scud but they never fire their missiles,they just go around over the scenario..can anyone help me with this?

If you sync them with an ARTY battery and then supply them with a fire mission template they should be able to execute it. Take a look at the Bohemia Interactive Community Wiki pages for Arma 2: Editor Modules (more specifically, the one for Artillery).

EDIT: Guess I'm wrong about the scuds, but I think this works with any other indirect fire weapons.

mm editing, sounds difficult but i'm gonna try, i would love to see the grads being fired through the FLIR in black/hot mode, thanks for help!

Use this script in a trigger...

null = [] spawn { driver GKB_artillery1 disableAI "MOVE"; driver GKB_artillery2 disableAI "MOVE"; GKB_artillery1 doWatch [5192, 9575, 5000]; GKB_artillery2 doWatch [5192, 9575, 5000]; sleep 5; for "_x" from 1 to 40 do { if (! alive gunner GKB_artillery1 || ! alive gunner GKB_artillery2) exitWith {}; GKB_artillery1 fire currentWeapon GKB_artillery1; sleep 2; GKB_artillery2 fire currentWeapon GKB_artillery2; sleep 4; }; driver GKB_artillery1 enableAI "MOVE"; driver GKB_artillery2 enableAI "MOVE"; GKB_artillery1 setBehaviour "SAFE"; GKB_artillery2 setBehaviour "SAFE"; GKB_artillery1 doWatch objNull; GKB_artillery2 doWatch objNull; gunner GKB_artillery1 action ["moveToCargo", GKB_artillery1, 0]; gunner GKB_artillery2 action ["moveToCargo", GKB_artillery2, 0]; };

Name the units GKB_artillery1 and GKB_artillery2

This script is not mine, thank Gekkibi from Unit19 for it. Enjoy it, should work without an issue.

Take a look at that demo mission in the first link. You'll see that it's pretty simple to set up. Post back here or in that thread and we can help you figure it out if you have any problems.

This is the simpliest way that I have found.

_arty is the name of your artillery piece

_target is the name of your target (invisibleH's set in 500m hieght are best)

init field of your Arty piece

gunner this doWatch _target; driver this disableAI "MOVE";

trigger activated by whatever you want that starts artillery firing:

_nil execVM "gradfire.sqf";

example has 4 x BM-21 GRADS firing in sequence with 1 second in between each shot, after 5 seconds the battery repeats firing

copy and paste this into new script in your mission folder and name "gradfire.sqf"

//name script "gradfire.sqf"

//makes the script loop

while {true} do

{

// (name of you Arty Piece) fire "weapon class name"

// you can find weapon class name by putting "hint str weapon this" no quotes in the init of your atry piece

// the sleep command is used so they alternate firing in sequence, delete it or change as you like

grad1 fire "GRAD";

sleep 1;

grad2 fire "GRAD";

sleep 1;

grad3 fire "GRAD";

sleep 1;

grad4 fire "GRAD";

sleep 5;

};

This is the simpliest way that I have found.

_arty is the name of your artillery piece

_target is the name of your target (invisibleH's set in 500m hieght are best)

init field of your Arty piece

trigger activated by whatever you want that starts artillery firing:

example has 4 x BM-21 GRADS firing in sequence with 1 second in between each shot, after 5 seconds the battery repeats firing

copy and paste this into new script in your mission folder and name "gradfire.sqf"

I am trying with this but i have a few questions:

I select a Grad unit,, go to Waypoint and there i have to write "gunner this doWatch _target; driver this disableAI "MOVE";" in the Script field. Is this ok?

Where i have to put the "_nil execVM "gradfire.sqf";"?

Take a look at that demo mission in the first link. You'll see that it's pretty simple to set up. Post back here or in that thread and we can help you figure it out if you have any problems.

Hey fatty coudl you tell me in wich folder i have to put the faat.sqf file?