Sign in to follow this  
Wanderzz

Newbie question about placing charges

Is there a way to pre-place charges on a map that can then be detonated when entering the mission?

Just me not knowing what I was talking about, disregard.

Edited by bobtom

Is there a way to pre-place charges on a map that can then be detonated when entering the mission?

if its satchels or ieds you mean then no, they need to be placed by a unit to be able to detonate.

What are you actually trying to acomplish??? is it a cut scene?, several ieds on the map? loud start of mission??

You need to elaborate.

Sorry dude, can't ask editing questions here.

Lol why not?? he is in missions editing and scripting section.

For a (player) controlled detonation, tripped by the unwary, or by script/trigger???

____

If you don't mind using mods JTDs Mines offers alot of options -including live placement in the editor- right out of the box.

Holy crap, my bad! I though we were in user missions! Totally apologize! Maybe I shouldn't be talking?

I am just messing around with missions and am enjoying a simple one of a squad hiding on a hilltop and ambushing a convey on a road down below. I wanted to try to place a remotely-activated explosive on the map ahead of time instead of having to go through the laborious process of placing it every time in game then climbing back up the hill.

You can pre-place M16A1 Bounding, M18A1 Claymore, <their OpFor counterparts, or IEDs in the editor -with no additional scripting needed- to your hearts content with the mod noted above^.

The Bouncing Bettys report is pretty satisfying, but then again, I'm anti-social.