Sign in to follow this  
MattyDienhoff

Solution for mouse over sensitivity

Having installed Flashpoint on 64-bit Windows 7, the game seemed to work fine overall but I soon encountered a problem with very twitchy mouse movement. I figured out how to fix it myself, but I've seen some people asking about this so I'll describe how I fixed it in hopes that anyone else who has this problem will find this.

Problem: Mouse movement is extremely twitchy, sometimes causing the player to spin around in circles when looking around to the sides, for instance.

Likely cause: Vertical synchronization (V-sync) is turned off in your graphics drivers' settings. This can lead to mouse sensitivity issues in various games, especially at high frame rates.

Solution: Use a driver tweaking utility to turn V-sync on.

Note: If you have an ATI graphics card, you can use the official Catalyst Control Center or the ATI Tray Tools utiility to do this.

Also, keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to force V-sync on (as that might cause problems with other games you play), I personally just changed the setting from "Always Off" to "Application Preference" and now OFP uses V-sync and the mouse problems are gone.

I have always had v-sync on and the mouse issue in OFP makes the game close to unplayable.

I stil use XP but I tried turning V-sync off that was a improvement in speed and how shaply you see the picture when you drive the gun sight view from target to target.

STGN