Sign in to follow this  
Dropper

Helicopter drone went crazy (Open Season)

I was so happy about this mission for using drone and AH-64 to neutralize AAs.Yeah, like on Discovery.

Unfortunatelly my happiness faded very soon.In the beginning drone worked fine but later it simply went crazy.It just wouldnt go to the waypoint I set but it circles around instead.Or the waypoint dissapears immediately after I set it.

I managed to destroy ZUs using drone and Shilka using helicopter but I was shot down by missle before destroying missle launcher.

I have a original copy, so it can't be FADE protection.

And sorry for any unimtentional grammar/spelling mistakes.

Sometimes UAVs like to circle like that. Setting a waypoint farther away fixes the problem. Waypoints set too close to the UAV's position are instantly completed.

I've heard you have had many problems with the game...

Maybe you should re-download.

Sometimes UAVs like to circle like that. Setting a waypoint farther away fixes the problem. Waypoints set too close to the UAV's position are instantly completed.

If it makes a difference it is ULB not UAV in this mission. Atleast since UAV is more like a plane and ULB more like helicopter. I would assume ULB is better on hovering and does not need all that circling to stay in air.

I can only think of 2 possible reasons:

1) Maybe ULB is damaged (is that even possible)

2) Try changing ULB altitude radically

Edited by Hanzu
typo

I've heard you have had many problems with the game...

Maybe you should re-download.

Yeah, I had performance issues, but 1.57 patch fixed that.

It's not downloaded, but installed from a DVD.

I hope that patch fixed drone problem too.

If it makes a difference it is ULB not ULV in this mission.

I do mean the helicopter UAV.

I do mean the helicopter UAV.

If it is mission Open Season like thread title says. The correct term is ULB and yes it is remote controlled helicopter like you said.

I just played that mission yesterday and when you as a helicopter pilot scroll mouse wheel for action menu name ULB shows up.

If it is mission Open Season like thread title says. The correct term is ULB and yes it is remote controlled helicopter like you said.

I just played that mission yesterday and when you as a helicopter pilot scroll mouse wheel for action menu name ULB shows up.

That's like saying a helicopter is not an aircraft. The MH-6X is still a UAV.

That's like saying a helicopter is not an aircraft. The MH-6X is still a UAV.

Yes you are right it is UAV in real life, but now we are talking about a game where it is named ULB for purpose to tell player that it is very different in behaviour than UAV which is also used in this game.

The main difference between UAV and ULB is that in official missions UAV is always a plane, so it cannot hover at all and must move all the time to stay in air, so because of this it often wanders to enemy territory and is shot down. I must apologize for correcting a thing that may seem irrelevant, so consider me stopping now and beeing done for this thread.

1.57 solved drone issues too.:yay:

And guys, ULB is acronym for Unmanned Little Bird.