Sign in to follow this  
Rail82

using satchel charge on friendly vehicle=player death. need help

I'm making a rescue type mission. the scenario is a hidden zu23 shoots down a chinook that crash lands in the mountains of takistan. The objectives for the mission are link up with the crash crew, destroy zu23, DESTROY CHINOOK WRECKAGE, and extract back to base.

Now the destroying the chinook part is what is messing my mission up. I recover the team and have my engineer place a satchel charge on the wreckage. I did a setdamage .7 on the chinook so it's damaged and can't fly. Once I clear the team of the wreckage and set off the satchel charge, my team immediately turns and shoots the engineer. Now this doesn't necessarily ruin the mission per se, but it kills the immersion aspect.

I also have a question on the trigger I am using for that part of the mission. I have 4 triggers set at end 1. I wasn't sure how to do the trigger for the destruction of the chinook, so I did a blufor not present end 1. Now after thinking about it, I'm not sure if this will do the job... when I remove the pilot and crew from the area would that count as blufor not being present even if I don't destroy the chopper? Is their a better way to do this trigger, so the destruction of the chinook is the objective?

Chinook's init: this addEventHandler ["HandleDamage",{if (_this select 1=="" and _this select 2>=0.9) then {_this select 0 setDamage 1}}]

It should cause that the Chinook isn't killed by the engineer but the event handler.

Another, simpler solution is to have this addRating 100000 in the engineer's init. The downside is that it gives a silly amount of score to the engineer.

The condition for the Chinook's destruction is !alive chinookname

Edited by Celery