Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

[OA/DLC] Mountain Warfare Question

Not sure if this belongs in User Missions or Official Missions. Feel free to move if needed.

I'd like to know if there's a released version of Mountain Warfare (I much prefer default BIS Warfare to BE) with BAF and/or PMC units. I'd love to play as either of those guys in Warfare mode. If there isn't a released version I'll modify the existing Mountain Warfare mission myself to include the DLC factions, though in doing this I'll need an extensive walk through of the whole operation.

Obviously PMC units wouldn't stand a chance fighting a whole army on their own, so a PMC/UN(/Guerrilla?) faction I think would be best.

What do you mean released?

The warfare mod is in the game.

Its in the relevant missions.pbo and the scripts you can use are in Warfare2.pbo

1: Warfare isn't a mod.

2: You didn't answer any of my questions. Please read through my entire post before posting a reply. Thank you.

1: Warfare isn't a mod.

2: You didn't answer any of my questions. Please read through my entire post before posting a reply. Thank you.

1. Well it is when I play it cos I always modify it. But thats beside the point because what I meant was Warfare Module.

2. Yes I did, I told you where the released version of warfare is. Its in the missions.pbo (post #2). I answered one of your questions.

3. You didn't answer my question on what exactly you meant when you said released version.

Alright alright I see. :) Misunderstanding.

So where's the missions.pbo located and how do I change the say Independent to be PMC units?

"missions.pbo" is located in "YourArmA2InstallationFolder\Addons".

About changing units... I guess you just replace everything that has anything to do with Guerilla with PMC. Maybe there a line in commonInit (or smt. like that) that makes the module use PMC units.

So where's the missions.pbo located and how do I change the say Independent to be PMC units?

1. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\Addons\

then open up missions_e.pbo and you'll find it in

\ca\missions_e\MPScenarios

2. Thats the one thing I couldn't achieve when I tried to edit BI warfare. Using my DLC stuff in it. Its possible, Oden did it in his warfares but I couldn't work it out.

If your not versed well in arma scripting then its going to have you tearing your hair out.

Use Warfare Benny Edition. Its a standalone warfare, all the files are present and much easier to edit in comparison to BI's.

If your really determined to edit BI warfare then you could try Urban Warfare. It has more stuff you can play with in the pbo.

Maybe you can help me with my issue with Warfare BE. Nobody in the thread will respond, and it's a pretty pressing issue. Here's the issue I'm having with ALL Warfare BE Variants.