Sign in to follow this  
topz

Will Arma 2 work on my future laptop?

Hi, I'll be buying a new laptop and wanted to check if Arma2 would work on it and how well it would work as well.

I would have chatted with the Sony people but they don't have chat and I called them but they kept disconnecting my call.

It would be really nice if I could get some help from you all, and please excuse my ignorance :(

Where else can I turn to except the people that know this game well, right?

I'll be buying a laptop that looks like this...

Intel® Core™ i5-580M processor (2.66GHz) with Turbo Boost up to 3.33GHz

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Coconut White

500GB Hard Disk Drive (7200rpm)

8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1066

15.5" Full HD VAIO Premium Display (1920x1080)

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 GPU (1GB VRAM)

Blu-ray Discâ„¢ Read Only Drive

Standard capacity batter

and Arma2's needs this...

Minimum:

Connectivity- Internet connection required for multiplayer mode

Disk Drive- Dual Layer compatible

DirectX- 9.0c or better

Hard Drive Space- 10 GB free space each game

Operating System- Windows® XP / Vista™

Processor- Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

RAM- 1 GB RAM

Video Card- Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

Recommended:

Connectivity- Internet connection required for multiplayer mode

Disk Drive- Dual Layer compatible

DirectX- 9.0c or better

Hard Drive Space- 20 GB free space

Operating System- Windows® 7

Processor- Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

RAM- 2 GB RAM

Video Card- Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

I hope you all can help me, thanks in advance <3

Edited by W0lle
No more rainbow colors

man I almost got an epileptic attack lol. Im guessing ur laptop will be pink (or is cocunut white the color, if so I doubt it will work as arma 2 requires a stricktly black laptop)? in anycase I think you won't have a problem running the game on medium/high settings.

just ignore him, girls are also allowed to play arma!:teeth:

you can definitly play it on medium-high settings

Yup, my laptop will be coconut white. I only like writing in pink.

Thanks for the anwers guys. I really don't know much about computer parts, I guess I only know the basics. I thought that like a computer with a duo core thingy of 1.7 ghz meant...that you multipled 1.7 x 2 because it had the word "duo" in it lol. I found out I was wrong a few days ago.

I just got back from Iraq and back there we used to get down on that Medal Of Honor : Black Ops game and it was fun but this game looks better. At least I didnt play what half the people played out there...(some game with elves and monsters and palandins and naked elves dancing).

Thanks again for your answers! Evil sony didn't want to talk to me :(

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

I had heard about a site like that, but the problem is that I don't have my laptop yet. I'll be getting it in about 5 days or so. I can't check my system if I don't have a system yet :(

Edited by W0lle
My poor eyes!

Oh dear god my fucking eyes.

EDIT: Anyway, it will run. The resolution is a bit high for your GFX so you can forget about anti aliasing and may will probably need to play on low settings, but it will run.

EDIT2: Seriously, 1920x1080 on a 15,5" screen? Overkill.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Oh dear god my fucking eyes.

EDIT: Anyway, it will run. The resolution is a bit high for your GFX so you can forget about anti aliasing and may will probably need to play on low settings, but it will run.

EDIT2: Seriously, 1920x1080 on a 15,5" screen? Overkill.

Yeah, thats what i thought too...1920x1080 on a 15.5" screen is..well I guess it's good to watch movies on! I have another laptop where I do 1280x780 (something like that) and it looks great..so most likely I'll go down on that resolution thing on the new laptop.

lol, you are patient to select all the colors xD

yup :635:

Edited by W0lle
Pink... my eyes!

Personally i find this forum fabulous enough without all the colors.

EDIT: I just rembered my signature. Now i feel like a hypocrite, which technically i am. Still though.

Edited by NeMeSiS

1) We have a sticky thread for this here, yes it's huge but it's for you too.

2) We do not allow writing in all rainbow colors like this would be a hippie forum. I edited your threads so they are readable.

I suggest you quickly read and understand our forum rules before you run into more problems. ;)