Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Extreme firepower addon

Why doesn't someone with the tools make an "extreme firepower" mod for OFP.

There's a lot of vehicle mods coming, but not much in the way of infantry weapons...

My idea was for an addon which included some really kickass (not necessarily military) guns. (People are adding bizarre weaponry anyway. I know OFP is a military sim, but what the hell, maybe for some MP fun).

Here's some weapons I cpould suggest:

USAS-12 (USAS-20) shotgun:

usas-12.jpg

HK-51B (7.62 "submachinegun"):

51b-2.jpg

Calico SMG:

m960a.jpg

HK-CAW full-auto shotgun:

uebbld.jpg

Minigun:

GE%20Minigun%20replica%20rightside%20full%20view.JPG

What do you think? Good idea, or stoopid? Suggest some guns if ya like! smile.gif

oooooo that minigun is awesome, it reminds me of metal gear solid

what the hell is everyone's obsession with the minigun? Go play AVP2 if you want a minigun!. as far as REAL weapons goes..

May I suggest the following

a Oxygen Made 50 cal sniper Rifle (not just a edited p3d file)

Uzi

Blackpowder rifle (ok most people would find this boring as hell but I think it would be cool!wink.gif

Civilian Bold Action Sniper Rifle (May I recommended the extremely accurate Mosin-Nagan 7.62 by 54R?)

More to come

How about we mount that minigun on a chopper as a door gunner. I know kegs kiowa has a mounted one, but a movable one would be nice.

Shotgun implemention is poopy in OFP.

However my theory to get it to work is for mag based shotguns is to have 100 ammo say per 10rnd mag so that each shell consumes 10ammo? Stupid?

GR weapon addons has a minigun. It's fun, but you need to play with unlimited ammo b/c it goes through it so fast. With the spread on the guns in the game it throws out a wall of lead that's like 30 feet across. Play the riot in Belgrade addon mission with the hundreds of people in a armed mob to see just how much fun it is to mow down a group of people.

COLINMAN

major fubar...I can model that minigun for you if you want me to. just get me lots and lots 'o pics biggrin.gif

I can't texture and put it ingame though, but you'd have the model to put it ingame yourself or by someone else smile.gif

would somebody give me some links to the GR weapons addon and the riots in Belgrade mission?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DigitalCenturion @ May 13 2002,08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shotgun implemention is poopy in OFP.

However my theory to get it to work is for mag based shotguns is to have 100 ammo say per 10rnd mag so that each shell consumes 10ammo? Stupid?<span id='postcolor'>

i had that idea, but can't figure out a way to get it to work. here's how shotguns are currently set up

the firing mode is set up in burst mode. in order to get the spray effect, the reloadtime inbetween shots must be 0. now, you COULD put burst on 12 and put the mag size at 120 but then you could just tap your fire key like mad and fire them all off under a second, since i can't seem to find a reload time inbetween bursts.