Sign in to follow this  
Athius

Just got arma 2, a few questions

After years of playing OFP my brother and I finally upgraded our computers and bought ARMA II. We've been playing around a little bit already, and are so far loving every second of it, but I've got a question.

The original OFP became a bit boring after playing it for a few years, a problem that we solved by installing the E.C.P mod. This mod made the game much more dynamic and immersive by adding speech for the AI, new effects, improved weapon sounds, AI use of flares, AI use of smoke screens to alert nearby friends, background radio chatter, burning crewmembers, and a much improved AI that engaged you from much greater distances, adding both realism and difficulty. My brother and I have fond memories of trying to defend a hilltop location at night while the enemy attacked us from all directions. The flares going up left and right the incoming fire from enemy's that we couldnt see and the panicked screams of our squadmembers added a great deal of immersion and fun to the game.

I looked around on this forum but to my knowledge no ECP mod was ever released for ARMA II.

This leads me to my question: are there any similar mods for ARMA II? I red about the ACE mod, but this mod does not seem to include the improved AI or many of the other effects of the ECP mod.

Thanks in advance,

Jasper.

Unfortunately, there is no ECP equivalent for Arma 2... Yet.

Please take some time to read our forum rules, noting how you're supposed to use descriptive titles for your threads, which this one does not follow.

Closest thing I can advice would be ACE mod. Includes Burning Crewmembers and so much more. ;)

ZEUS AI makes the AI... well.. better in basically every aspect. They flank, use smoke screens etc. And For Better FX: OpticalSnare's Blastcore ;)