Sign in to follow this  
TRexian

Fire selector choice

This is, for all intents and purposes, a non-critical issue. Many might even think it is trivial.

But, it is my experience that trading the primary weapon (rifle) for the secondary weapon (pistol) resets the primary weapon's fire selector choice.

So, let's say I have my M4 on Full Auto. But, I switch to my 1911, then go back to the M4. It is back on Single.

Now, I completely understand range safety. Generally, a soldier is trained to safety the weapon when not using it, which would in essence re-set the selector. But, when I do it in the game, it is usually a bang-bang type situation, where it I need it quickly.

I guess, on a related note, there really should be some way to separate the tool-specific actions. So, the fire selector choices would be separate from the grenade choices (frag/smoke). My issue wouldn't necessarily be a big deal if the choices weren't all glommed together.

:)

I agree especially with the last point. Fire mode should be separate of grenades, smokes, etc. The key to switch fire mode should stay as it is, so its the same for vehicles but there should be a new key to select fire mode for your rifle.

Also perhaps a gameplay option to choose your default fire mode. I guess AKs are defaulted to Auto because that is the first selector option after Safe on Eastern weapons, but personally I almost always use Single with rifles, particularly the 107 because of the high rate of fire.

Also, not to go too deep into the 'separate the gear options' argument, but as mentioned above, it can be frustrating in the middle of a fight when you try to switch fire mode and end up equipping a frag/smoke/GL because you pressed the key too many times in a panic.

Try ACE. That allows you to use shift-1 to select rifle, shift-2 to select launcher, shift-3 to select grenade, shift-4 to select mines. I find this function extremely useful, precisely for the reason above.

Please spare me this try ACE tips. Why dont you list all that other things that ACE gives you that I may do not want to use.

Please spare me this try ACE tips. Why dont you list all that other things that ACE gives you that I may do not want to use.

I see your point; however I also feel that the BIS would be better suited to focus on updating/adding the core features that can not be addressed by modding, rather than the ones that have a (scripted) fix.

Peace,

DreDay

I agree too. FIre modes separatly from grenade selector, its also annoying when you are in a middle of a firefight and you have, hand grenades, smokes, 3 fire modes, grenadelaunch, etc.. sometimes I ended throwing a smoke or a hand grenade instead of firing in single mode

Try ACE. That allows you to use shift-1 to select rifle, shift-2 to select launcher, shift-3 to select grenade, shift-4 to select mines. I find this function extremely useful, precisely for the reason above.

I play with ACE2, also I know about those key shorcuts, but I never use it, Im used to use always the F key :s

Edited by SpetS15