Sign in to follow this  
MissileMoose

Creating roof for bunker/tunnel?

Good day all.

I'm just in the 2D editor trying to finish a small mission, I'm trying to create a little tunnel/bunker for a few vehicles to sit in. I have sets of H-Barriers on each side as the support for a concrete block that I was trying to sit on top, however when I place the concrete block and raise it up with:

[color="Red"]this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1,5];[/color] (Not got the height exact just yet)

...I can see through the bottom of the object as it seems only the top is solid, is there any way I can fix this? Or are there any other objects that I could use for a bunkers roof?

Thank you

-MM

Edit: Just got to add, that I've searched Google for a while and it's just drawn blank. If anybody has a link to a solution I would be very grateful.

Edited by MissileMoose
Added extra text.

Good day all.

I'm just in the 2D editor trying to finish a small mission, I'm trying to create a little tunnel/bunker for a few vehicles to sit in. I have sets of H-Barriers on each side as the support for a concrete block that I was trying to sit on top, however when I place the concrete block and raise it up with:

[color="Red"]this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1,5];[/color] (Not got the height exact just yet)

...I can see through the bottom of the object as it seems only the top is solid, is there any way I can fix this? Or are there any other objects that I could use for a bunkers roof?

Thank you

-MM

Edit: Just got to add, that I've searched Google for a while and it's just drawn blank. If anybody has a link to a solution I would be very grateful.

Well there are three solutions for this problem:

1) add an extra concrete block and flip it over using the vectorup command

this setVectorUp [0,0,-1];

you have to play a bit with the numbers because I am not sure this is the right value.

2) you could place a lott of sandbags near eachother and use the setPos command to make a roof with them. This isn't the best solution and it takes a lott of time.

3)download a user made bunker on armaholic or another site

1) add an extra concrete block and flip it over using the vectorup command

this setVectorUp [0,0,-1];

Thanks for the reply enforcer, I've just had a little play around with "setVectorUp", it works great but doesn't flip according to the terrain on Takistan. I changed a few of the values but I can't seem to flip it parallel to the ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Thanks for the reply enforcer, I've just had a little play around with "setVectorUp", it works great but doesn't flip according to the terrain on Takistan. I changed a few of the values but I can't seem to flip it parallel to the ground.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Just negate all three components of its starting up vector. Ex:

this setVectorUp [-(vectorUp this select 0),-(vectorUp this select 1),-(vectorUp this select 2)]

Unless I'm totally failing at math/vectors today it should work.

Just negate all three components of its starting up vector. Ex:

this setVectorUp [-(vectorUp this select 0),-(vectorUp this select 1),-(vectorUp this select 2)]

Unless I'm totally failing at math/vectors today it should work.

Thanks for the reply, it works perfectly! I'm a little confused to how I would flip the object over, while still keeping it at the correct angle? I've tried changing it around a little bit, but the object still stays upright.

I'm completely useless with setVector, sorry. :p

-MM

Thanks for the reply, it works perfectly! I'm a little confused to how I would flip the object over, while still keeping it at the correct angle? I've tried changing it around a little bit, but the object still stays upright.

I'm completely useless with setVector, sorry. :p

-MM

Wait, if it works what are you still having trouble with? What do you mean by the correct angle?

(Btw I just tested my example and it worked).

Wait, if it works what are you still having trouble with? What do you mean by the correct angle?

(Btw I just tested my example and it worked).

Sorry, I mean I need another set of concrete blocks for the inner part of the roof, those have to be flipped upside-down. Let me grab a quick picture of what I mean.

Pictures:

http://i54.tinypic.com/xm0nyq.jpg - View from the top

http://i56.tinypic.com/i4lppy.jpg - View from underneath, another set of concrete blocks need to be upside-down to prevent the player from seeing through the roof.

Edited by MissileMoose
Added Pictures