Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

HD6970 @ 1600x900 = fat borders top/bottom on a 24"

Just checking here if anyone else have the same issue.

With a 24 inch monitor (16:9), HD 6970 and the resolution in game set to 1600x900 (res + 3D res) i get black borders top/bottom.

This did not happen with the same monitor on the GTX275 (Nvidia) card. Had proper "full screen" no matter what i chose.

I can atm use 1440x900 and 1920x1080 with proper aspect ratio, but not 1600x900 which leaves fat black borders. I have the aspect ratio setting in game to 16:9 as well.

Maybe there is an ATI trick? :D Just like installing drivers for these cards... :rolleyes:

Just checking here if anyone else have the same issue.

With a 24 inch monitor (16:9), HD 6970 and the resolution in game set to 1600x900 (res + 3D res) i get black borders top/bottom.

This did not happen with the same monitor on the GTX275 (Nvidia) card. Had proper "full screen" no matter what i chose.

I can atm use 1440x900 and 1920x1080 with proper aspect ratio, but not 1600x900 which leaves fat black borders. I have the aspect ratio setting in game to 16:9 as well.

Maybe there is an ATI trick? :D Just like installing drivers for these cards... :rolleyes:

Have you tried adjusting your scaling options? ATI likes to manually adjust your views which is assinine. I always have to force overscan to 0% to use my full desktop and I too have a 24" monitor.

Where do you change the scaling? This might be what i need.

Well my monitor doesnt support 1600x900 but for me 1920x1080 gave the black borders :). Also tested on some lower res and got black borders. Was an old one where i only had black border on the right

Set the resolution of the interface to your current native resolution.

Like with NVIDIA, AMD has scaling options, and just right click on your desktop and click "Catalyst Control" or something similar. If it isn't there, you need to:

1. Download Catalyst 10.12

2. Go into your start menu, and search for catalyst.

I forgot which setting, but I presume that the settings for resolution and scaling is under "Display"