Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,

OK so here's another little thing i need help with.

I have made an alarm that turns on using the Radio option in the trigger, it works great but how would I deactivate the sound?

Edited by hetsar

there is another sound called silence, use that to deactivate alarm sound in another trigger.

Aha that worked a treat!

Thanks for the help Bashkire

If any one wants to know you simply put down a 2nd Trigger with the deleteVehicle trigger name

then it will stop the alarm if you tell it to by using the Radio function.

Only problem is though is that it deletes the trigger but I don't want that.

I will also try yours Demonized

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

OK how do i do yours Demonized?

Edited by hetsar
Fixed

Aha that worked a treat!

Thanks for the help Bashkire

If any one wants to know you simply put down a 2nd Trigger with the deleteVehicle trigger name

then it will stop the alarm if you tell it to by using the Radio function.

Only problem is though is that it deletes the trigger but I don't want that.

I will also try yours Demonized

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

OK how do i do yours Demonized?

I have a mission where I have an alarm that turns on by one trigger, then have another trigger that moves the one with the alarm off the playable area of the map when I want to turn off the alarm sound without deleting anything.

This way if you have another objective in your mission that needs an alarm, you can simply have another trigger set up to move the alarm in place again.

alarm setPos (getMarkerPos 'alarmoff');

alarm = the name of your alarm trigger

alarmoff = a marker on the map where you want the alarm trigger to move

i tested trigger with silence since its been awhile since ive used it, and it is now a new alarm... ?

Well anyhow, why are you using radio trigger for sound?

If you have a trigger with alarm on repeated and bluefor present, you can walk into trigger area and alarm sounds, then when you exit trigger alarm stops.

You can also in condition of trigger use varabels, like this(means the opfor detected etc.)

and alive enemy(wich means if unit named enemy is alive)

this AND alive enemy

Now when opfor is detected and unit named enemy is alive the alarm will sound, if any of the 2 conditions is not true(enemy dead, or no opfor detected), alarm will turn off.