Sign in to follow this  
-=SFLR=-DK

Having a Vehicle loaded with a group in a flying c130 for a para drop

ok i looked around for a cargo drop script and all i found is one where you have to load the vehicle on the ground, but what im after is a script where im already in a C130 with my 8 man group and 2 vehicle loaded and flying so then i can i eject the cargo and jump with my group either at my command or a trigger :confused:

From mission briefing:

You'll be inserted into the area via paradrop from a C-130J. Local forces have already hidden two vehicles near your drop zone, so recover those as your first actions on the ground.

:)

i have thought of that:), but i was aimming for a pathfinders style mission and want to be inserted from the air with a paradrop with group and vehicles at the same time either the same aircraft or 2 aircraft one with group and one with vehicles:D

Second best thing might be to add an action to the plane that will spawn a parachute or two then attach the vehicles (pre-placed somewhere on the map) into the parachutes then fall down with them.

Or you can play with attachTo or any of the 'cargo load' scripts as well.

Here's a real quick and dirty example: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xavz8utlbbqwpsm

Might wanna play with heights of dropping it. Two tests were OK, but the third crashed the C-130. :) But it's the basic proof of concept.

Vehicles begin on the map out of the AO. Player is moveInCargo'd into the plane at mission start. When player ejects a parachute is created at the plane's location and the pre-placed vehicle is attached to it.

WOW ok thats is just plain filth right there :p, bang on what i was looking for, ok sorry few more questions, how would i add another vehicle so i would have 2 vehicle drops instead of one and i added my group and they eject fine but i want them to jump out in to a free fall with the MC-5 and not do a static jump would you know how, no biggy if you dont know the second. but any way thank a mill!:yay: