Sign in to follow this  
Chi

Fog Distance Change Since 1.56?

I downloaded the 1.56 patch and the first thing I noticed was that the fog is a lot worse than 1.55. I will use the Littlebird SP mission as an example as its more noticable in that one. I have my view distance set at 2000 and when flying down the valley etc I could see from one end of the valley to the other easily and able to spot the enemy convoy from a good distance away. Since installing 1.56 I can barely see anything and spotting and targeting the convoy is frustrating as I now have to be pretty much on top of it to see it.

Any reason for the dramatic increase in fog, putting the view distance down so much, and is there any way to get it back to what it was before for this mission and others?

Thanks

Chi

Edited by Chi

I noticed that, go into Zargabad with worst weather and full fog after a minute you can only see a few meters

There used to be an issue where to get full fog, you had to script it. Perhaps they fixed the slider, so it is now full fog?

So, has anyone else noticed this? Flying the chopper missions are now not only no fun but near impossible. I am being targeted by vehicles 1000m away from me through thick fog that I have to be 300m to be able to see. I am wondering if BIS have changed the fog to make the game run better for lower end machines. I may have to revert to 1.55 but dont really want to.

As an altermative is there a way to edit the missions and reduce the fog using the editor?

Thanks

Chi

Are you talking about the community base addons? No I only use a sound mod and the sun, no glare addon. Others must have noticed the difference in the SP missions ecpecially Littlebird. I started the editor and placed a littlebird in the same area of the map used and the fog is hardly noticable. Its deffo been changed for some reason in the SP missions and poss for performance reasons but they are not worth playing now because of it.

Thanks

Chi

I did some tests back in Arma 1 and if i remember correctly and i noticed then that the fog was substracted from the viewdistance. A high (client) viewdistance with the same fog setting gave more range then a low (client) viewdistance. Somewhere i rechecked this in Arma 2 and i was under the impression this was changed, setting the fog was absolute and was not related to the VD anymore. Just recently i was fidling around with the fog again and noticed the same thing as in arma 1, the fog is again connected to the client VD.