Sign in to follow this  
BoarK

Karrillion: rts map change

This message is for Karrillion (hope I spelled it right), the maker of those awesome RTS maps. I find that it is difficult to get enough people together for an enjoyable RTS game. Also fast servers are hard to come by with the extent of players that are needed for a full game. I was wondering if it is possible for you to divide each side into 3 groups with their own leaders so that we could get a game of 6 people controlling a small group of AIs instead of the 24 that are needed for a full game. It is very hard to micromanage every aspect of the game with only one commanding officer. If you would kindly make these small changes, then I am sure a lot of people will be very appreciative. Thanks.

Actually I've been working on RTS version 2, and I'm gearing it toward a more dynamic method of resource allocation. Basically, the more human players there are, the more restrictive some resources are, like AI, etc.

Also, in the new version, none of the players will be grouped in the same group and everyone will be their own commander.

It'll be a bit different, but since I've already gotten the basic script engine done, I'm now working out some of the dynamic allocation methods so that even if you have 24 players it isn't bogged down. At the same time, this will be something that 2 players could easily sit and do for hours....well unless one of them is really bad at opflash. =)

I've been swamped with real life stuff lately, but I'm hoping to get back to work on it soon. If you have any other additions, suggestions, or complaints, then I'd be happy to try and address them. I want this verison of RTS to be a bit more geared toward serious play, although if played right, the original can be like that as well.

Thanks!