Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Refueling probe on uh-60 and chinook please

I'm surprised nobody has done this yet. It would seem that now with Oxygen out, would it not be a simple thing to take an exhisting UH-60 model and then covert it into a MH-60 special operations helicopter by adding a refueling probe, the FLIR, and even better, modify the M2 on the door gun into a 7.62mm minigun like on the real deal? Ditto for the special ops version of the chinook. I know Flipper was working on something like that and even had some cool screen shots, but I guess he's not releasing it until his teams entire MOD comes out which is a shame. sad.gif

Any of you MOD makers up to the challenge? It shouldn't be that difficult since it would just be done by modifying the exhisting UH-60 model. Hell you wouldn't even have to retexture it much unless you wanted it black, but I'd be fine with a green one.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i'm also surprised nobody has made a minigun for UH-60 and CH-47

for now you can download Black Kiowa Warrior by Kegetys and in the editor put a UH-60MG or CH-47. in the init field type </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeweapon "browning"; this addmagazine "KEGKiowaGun"; this addweapon "KEGKiowaGun";<span id='postcolor'>

the AI seems too dumb to use it properly but that was true with the browning too

What's the point ? If visual perception is your goal then I still questions your motive. I mean the Pavehawk is no different than the Blackhawk, other than the refueling rod.

Besides, who needs to refuel while in air ? What do you do, spend 10 continuous hours flying in the air ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 07 2002,17:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the point ?  If visual perception is your goal then I still questions your motive.  I mean the Pavehawk is no different than the Blackhawk, other than the refueling rod.

Besides, who needs to refuel while in air ?  What do you do, spend 10 continuous hours flying in the air ?<span id='postcolor'>

Bingo! Exactly! Visuals! Not only that, the pavehawk is almost exclusively used in all special operations missions in real life so I would like to use one in OFP as well. In addition they are not identical by any means in real life at least. The Pavehawk, aside from extended range, has a nose mounted FLIR and ECM equipment not found on standard UH-60's. Finally the MH-60's almost always have 7.62mm miniguns mounted on them. Not M2's.

Sure for those that don't care much about the realism then it's no biggy. For some a Blackhawk could be flourescent orange for all they cared. However some of us would like to see a very nice and realistic MH-60 Pavehawk that will work well within the limitations of the OFP graphics engine.

In other words I'm not expecting a FLIR camera and stuff like that which only BIS themselves could make. I just want something that LOOKS realistic and as much as possible, is outfitted with realistic weapon loads.

You may not care about stuff like that but I and others (especially those that are ex-Army like myself) do.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 07 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'm also surprised nobody has made a minigun for UH-60 and CH-47

for now you can download Black Kiowa Warrior by Kegetys and in the editor put a UH-60MG or CH-47.  in the init field type </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeweapon "browning"; this addmagazine "KEGKiowaGun"; this addweapon "KEGKiowaGun";<span id='postcolor'>

the AI seems too dumb to use it properly but that was true with the browning too<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the tip. I saw that earlier on another thread but I haven't tried it yet. I do like the minigun on the Kiowa Warrior Addon, but unfortunately you can't actually see it. sad.gif

Ditto if you stuck that script on the helicopter however at least that's better then nothing.

Actually I've been very successful with AI door gunners when I'm flying the helicopter. I can wipe out whole squads with my AI door gunner. The trick is to fly the helicopter so that he is facing the bad guys on the ground and so that you are not moving too fast. Before that you also have to target the bad guys...then turn the helicopter sideways for the door gunner to line them up...then give them the order to fire and they'll start gunning away at any bad guy in front of them.

I'll try it with the minigun. Hopefully it'll work just as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>