Sign in to follow this  
ninjaklan

FADE kicking in?

Ok after few hours of kicking my PC around I finally managed to instal ArmA CO. I bought it fro mSprocket ,downloaded, instaled Arma 2 first, then Arma OA and patched with 1.55. Everything good till then. I played around with few custom campaigns and OA campaign and after like 1 or 2 hours of playing ingame I always get this bug that freezes everything up. When I hold keyboard keys to move around like W A S D, when I press one of them buttons a weird sound suddenly comes up going like "TUT" and if I hold the buttons longer the sound just repeats itself and simply my game completely freezes until I release teh buttons again. This make s teh game unplayable and I have no clue what could it be and my guess is simply FADE but I don't understand since I purchased my copy, got receipts, serials etc...

If I press ESC, go to pause menu or alt tab to desktop, the problem dissapears sometimes for some minutes but sometimes it just goes on. Is this possibly a FADE problem, if so, how can I fix it or does it have to do something with Windows 7 or anything?

Any help appreciated, haven't experienced this anywhere else. Game itself runs smooth and fine.

probably another bug from 1.55 patch, it has screwed up alot but soon there should be another patch (ArmA 2:PMC get's released on the 30th and that may have a patch in it) and hopefully will fix some of the problems

FADE makes the screen go blurry just search on youtube for arma 2 fade

Its not FADE. The sound you hear when you hold a key down is the keyboard buffer full warning.

Its probably because ARMA stops responding for a bit and so fills up the buffer. Duno why ARMA would cause it tho.

Not much help with the freezing issue but just to let you know its nothing to do with the sound...

Maybe try defagging the drive...?

Edited by EDcase