Sign in to follow this  
MichaelCO

Activate on crash

I have a mission set up where a helicopter gets damaged and spirals down to the ground. I have a trigger set up that sets the a marker at the position of the helicopter.

Is there a away I could set up the trigger to activate when the helicopter touches the ground?

Thanks

Yes. Set the trigger activation to "None", put the code that places the marker in the activation field and use this as condition:

(getPosATL chopper) select 2 == 0

Don't forget to make the trigger area big enough to cover all possible crash sites.

probably not the best way of doing this but maybe something along the lines of

Set the trigger to be a SWITCH trigger and in the onact put !alive helicopter;

this way it will set the trigger off the moment the chopper is destroyed.

Unfortunately Worldeater's solution is not working, and Doodle's won't work because the helicopter isn't supposed to die. I'm back on square one :(

How about putting an invisible Heli pad at the crash site. Name it PAD, then use the condition

helo distance pad < 5

I use this to detect when my helicopter is on the ground so my team can get out safely.

The place the helo crashes is within s pretty large area, so the lad detection doesn't work, thanks for the advice though :)

Hmm, checking for an altitude of zero is probably a bit too close. You could make the condition a bit more fuzzy: check if the helicopter dropped below a certain altitude.

(getPosATL chopper) select 2 < 10

Also make sure you've named your chopper "chopper"... ;)

Just remember that a helicopter can fly under that height without crashing, obviously. (I.e. flying 'nap-of-the-earth' style).

Yup, that works. Thanks for all the answers, Worldeater especially.