Sign in to follow this  
Sappo569

new dedi server... difficulty settings

I have a new server with defcon... and am having trouble figuring out how to set the difficulty levels.

The server is such;

-port=2802 -name= -nosound -world=empty -config=server.cfg -cfg=Arma2OA.cfg -profiles=server

And on the servers drive ...

There are 4 different cfg / profile files... is that right? I can't tell which one is being used.

In main directory is arma2OA.cfg

-> then server, users,

I have defconservers, and SYSTEM

and in each are profile configs and 1 config file.... how the heck do I sort this out? Lol

cheers

The -cfg is for the engine configuration, for the bandwidth fine tuning. -Config is for MP server options, MOTD, passwords, etc. The profile is where the difficulty settings are made. All of the above information is the wiki.

...Syn...

Sorry but that really didn't help much

so -profiles=server

that means what in relation to all the folders and files i listed, as none are explicitly 'server'

and i did check the wiki, unless it was the wrong one the page for server side difficulty was missing....

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

so reading through more... it assumes the location is absolute

-profiles=server would point to the location inside users, but i dont even know what the user name is... since I never setup the server, and there being defconserver and defcon I am almost to assume the person who setup the server didn't know exactly either.

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

well... might as well close this thread now

i managed to discover the answer through trial and error of the 3-4 different profile files

however might point out to anyone replying.. remember in the future the whole purpose of the forum is for knowledge sharing, not 'RTFM'

i can understand if I had asked 'is this game cool???'