Sign in to follow this  
Mav87th

AI controlling with radio

Two questions in one post :D

Situation: I have an 8 man squad and one M2 on a tripod (static)

I can assign a man to it with "man M2 12'oclock" from within the game, and i can figure how to man it with moveInGunner init line....but

I would like (for use as this scenario quickly evolves into something larger) to be able to man the M2 by using the radio, and be able to man it with a random man.

like selecting #4 and selecting radio alpha (0-0-1) in 3d

Radio Alpha = #4 is manning the gun.

So i in game can select who to man the gun.

Any ideas are appreciated..

Darn it does not look good for me :D

85 views and not a single pip......

I hope I did not scare you guys away with a bad smell:eek:

To clarify - I'm trying to make a "Base Defence" type of engagement. I want it to be SP usable as well as MP. So in order of the SP player to be able to man specific guard towers (2 towers with M2s') with any man he wants to. Could be that some of his men are killed in the towers, and need to be replaced etc.

I know that one can highlight one of the squad members and order via "4" Mount menu, but the towers only show up there if the player are visual on the tower. Is it possible to have the M2's visual in that menu by default?

My initial thought were that if i highlighted a man and then used fx. Radio Alpha to order that man to man GunTowerWest or Radio Bravo to man GunTowerSouth then that would be an easy way for the SP player.