Sign in to follow this  
jasono

Disabling Weapon Smoke

By default, the rifle I have has smoke appearing from the end when I fire. I've removed the muzzle flash from the p3d but the smoke still appears. There are only two vertices in the Memory LOD, which is for the bullet.

My question is how to disable the smoke at the end of the barrel that appears after each shot?

I've tried muzzleEffect = ""; in the Ammo config, but it's still producing smoke.

Thanks.

Edited by JasonO

Here is an addon that makes the weapon smoke more subtle.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7168

watch the video and see if that is what your looking for, i know you said disable but this is about as close as

you can get to disabling it, unless Kylania or someones else knows of a command or code that would do it.

unfortunately the smoke effect is attached to the soldier and not the gun. As far as I know the only way to remove the smoke from one gun is to remove it from the game altogether.

unfortunately the smoke effect is attached to the soldier and not the gun. As far as I know the only way to remove the smoke from one gun is to remove it from the game altogether.

Interesting.

I found some info about changing the weapons cloud via config for vehicles but wasn't able to apply this to my weapon. Do you know much about this?

Basically defined the parameters for the particle clouds used for guns, machine guns etc.

Edit, was like this:

class WeaponCloudsGun {};
class WeaponCloudsMGun: WeaponCloudsGun {};
class mygunsmoke: WeaponCloudsMGun
{
cloudletDuration=0;
cloudletAnimPeriod=1;
cloudletSize=0;
cloudletAlpha=0;
cloudletGrowUp=1;
cloudletFadeIn=1;
cloudletFadeOut=1;
cloudletAccY=0;
cloudletMaxYSpeed=0;
cloudletShape="cl_basic";
cloudletColor[]={1,1,1,1};
interval=1;
size=0;
sourceSize=0;
timeToLive=0;
initT=1;
deltaT=0;
class Table
{
	class T0 
	{
		maxT=1; 
		color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
	};
};
};

I tried putting it near the start of my config then defining it within the weapons class. However, from what you are saying I would imagine this would only work within the unit's config instead.

Edited by JasonO