Sign in to follow this  
Ziggy

Controls Menu Crash

This happens on both Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead. On Arma2 it began happening after the 1.07 update.

Whenever I go into options and click controls, the game crashes to desktop. I had no problems with this before 1.07 and I am getting this on Operation Arrowhead as well, which I just bought yesterday and am not happy about.

This crash happens when I'm in a level too.

I have updated all of my drivers (graphics, joystick, keyboard) and I'm guessing right now it's something to do with my joystick, a Logitech Force3D Pro. I've had driver problems with this in the past, hell, when haven't I had a logitech driver problem...

I am running on Windows 7 64bit with:

Quad core Duo

4gb RAM

nVidia GTX 285

And I'm also using a logitech g15 keyboard.

I have searched and searched, finding two other people with this problem, one resolved and one unresolved...

I have tried this solution http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/5765 but it has not helped at all.

If someone is willing to clarify this: Where it says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 33900 -profiles=[LocalFilePath]" and to put that last bit "-profiles=[LocalFilePath]" in the command line, am I supposed to have it exactly that or do I change it to the path I want? If so, please give me a clear and precise example. I have tried using it both ways to no avail, but then I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I want to be able to play this damn game by at least tomorrow or I'll surely die.

This page also talks about roaming profiles. Could it be a problem that I have the game and my documents folder on two seperate drives?

Help, please. :(

EDIT: I just tried the -profiles=[LocalFilePath] as -profiles=E:\arma and it put the ARMA2OA bidmp and mdmp files, as well as Users>Ziggy Arma2OA.cfg and Ziggy.ArmA2OAProfile files into that directory. Still crashes though...

EDIT2: I now understand the whole [localfilepath] thing, so it's nothing to do with roaming profiles or whatever. I have also tried starting the game with everything but my keyboard unplugged and it still crashes when I click controls too.

My Tracker Page: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14223

Edited by Ziggy

All solved thanks to Deadfast! The problem was with a program kinda like freetrack called NewView I was trying out. I deleted it and now it's all working fine.