Sign in to follow this  
Craig

animation command prob

I'm having problems getting animation commands working I've got a list of commands and so far only a small hand full work.

I've tryed both the

Name playMove "":

Name switchMove "";

comands and most of thes animations don't seem to work. is there another list of animations I should you becasue I have seen a load of these working in youtube vidieos and there the animations I can't get working. please help

I believe it should be like this (untested):

man1 playMove "ANIMATION_NAME";

man1 is the designated name of a soldier and ANIMATION_NAME the code for the animation, obviously.

cheers

Bulldog Six

Edited by Bulldog Six

yeah thats the comand I've been using along with the switch command it deos say in my list that theres a time delay command (~10) but I don't know how I'm to use it.

have you any idea how to use this command?

yeah thats the comand I've been using along with the switch command it deos say in my list that theres a time delay command (~10) but I don't know how I'm to use it.

have you any idea how to use this command?

I'm quite new to this but if you select COUNTDOWN and enter a number (in seconds) into the MIN, MID and MAX fields (or maybe just MIN necessary in this case) you can set a delay.

I've used the playMove command so far for AI units. the switchMove command was not necessary since they did what I expected them to do with the playMove command only (as described above). I just place the unit I want to animate into the trigger zone, set the activation to BLUFOR (if using US Units and coalition forces), select either ONCE or REPEATETLY (depending on how you want it, I use repeatedly so it keeps restarting the animation), enter the playMove command with it's variables in the ON ACTIVATION field and that's it.

oh yeah, one more thing: some animations are not performed if the unit is holding a weapon. so I use this command in the INITIALISATION field to remove them in such cases:

removeallweapons this;

if you want them to keep their weapon I believe you gotta search for the command to put the weapon on their back. don't know that one though..

I hope I could help.

Edited by Bulldog Six

ok dokey thanks for that I didn't know about the weapons bit. I'll try it with out the weapons