Sign in to follow this  
Petercheetah

No missions showing up. Help!

I just recently bought and installed this game, but when i come to play, on my profile there is no missions and i cannot play any of the campaign. Also when i go to mission editor which is the only thing that shows up anything, it crashes and then i have to restart the game. Also, things like 'Scenarios' and 'Boot Camp' don't show anything up either.

Have i installed something wrong?

I did try to re-install it, but quite a few things came up with the 'Ignore' 'Retry' and 'Abort' error message. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Thankyou in Advance for the help :)

Peter

Game: ArmA2 OA

Edited by Petercheetah
Mis-Type

You´ve gotta be more specific, i.e. what "things came up"?!

You got no error message during first install?

After uninstalling the game delete everything ArmA/OA related that´s left (use windows search) manually and then try a clean reinstall.

Hello,

Details are important:

list your computer specs

list what game/s your having issues with

list the errors that your getting if any

is your game patched to the latest?

I know my specs are fine because i can run WoW on it, as well as Multiple other big file games. The thing is, there is no files for missions etc. The only thing that i am getting in the main menus. I can click campaign etc but nothing shows up and i can't start a new one. Can't go into boot camp nothing shows up there as well as Scenarios.

This is the only game that i am running at the minute, and that's the only one i've had a problem with on this gaming laptop.

I think i have patched it to the latest as well. I'm not totally sure which patch it is because i have downloaded a few.

I've re-installed it twice, but having no luck. And it is the full game because i payed and downloaded off a trusted business website. GAME

I know my specs are fine because i can run WoW on it

That told us alot, I ask for specs as a way of procedure, the hum drum of guessing,

you would be suprised. Arma2 isn't WOW obviously and I would bet Arma2 is a more

demanding game on the CPU and GPU then WOW no pun intended.

The point being that specs are important to give us an overall idea of what your playing with,

and that it could be something else that may be preventing the game from doing what its supposed to,

at any rate in your case, it could be a few things:

-a corrupted install

-not patched correctly

-wrong file path

-starting up with wrong exe

ect.,

Still lost on what game you have

so fill us in:

-what game do you have? Arma2, CO, OA, BAF

-is it steam download, a downloaded game from sprocket or another?

-Is it a dvd version?

and again what errors are you getting, cant exactly help you if we dont know exactly

what the errors are, right now all I got is a vague idea, and am still misinformed on what

the real issue is other then missing files, until we get a total picture or a better idea then

your going to continue to get replies if any with guesses as to what the problem really is.

Trust me on this, alot of members in this forum are vets of the game, they been in it since OFP,

and some for a few years, if we/they have the info we need, then we can better tell you what it is,

or could be, and then from there give you an idea of what you should do.

Just trying to help.

The first post i made stated that it was OA.

And tbh now it's been mentioned it sound like a corrupt download/install because of the messages i am getting when installed which is things like:

My Specs are:

Intel® Core 2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz

RAM - 4 GB

OS - 32 Bit Vista.

It is a streamed download from a well know UK business GAME - www.game.co.uk and is fully payed for with the registration. Now i have emailed game and asked if i can be refunded and get a DVD version and hopefully that would work.

Now, to be more in depth with what i am seeing. When i load up the game it loads up fine, it gets to the main screen with: Campaign, Boot Camp, Scenarios and Editor. Now, when i go to campaign all of the windows that you have to go through to start a new came are blank, and when i click Continue nothing will happen for obvious reasons. Go into Boot Camp and the same thing happens, just completely blank. I go into Scenarios and it comes up with 'My Missions' or what ever with a check box i believe.

Also, when i go into the ArmA Folder, and go into the missions folder, that is blank also, maybe that it meant to be blank, i am not sure.

Like i said i am going to try and contact GAME to see about getting a DVD version of the game so, after 3 days, i can finally get on the game!

I really do appreciate all your help, so thankyou for helping me out :) Lets get this tackled once and for all!

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

In the last post, when i said error messages such as:

I will re-post as i am going to try and re-install the game.

I'm getting errors such as, C:\temp\ARMA2_OA\OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\missions.(Something) .pbo.gz

and

C:\temp\ARMA2_OA\OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\modules_e.pbo.gz

As well as the same for Characters and sounds music road signs, rocks etc etc.

I've contacted the people who sort out the download, to get them to send me one again, or refund me so i can buy a hard copy!