Sign in to follow this  
Whitebishop

Mods and Expansion

I had the orignal A2 and installed OA in same directory resulting in a CO package. I notice that now there is an "Expansion" subfolder in the Arma 2 directory. However all my mods are still located in the .../Bohemian Interactive/Arma 2 directory. When I start CO and click "Expansion" from the start up menu, the game detects all my modes normally. I tried to test moving the modfolders in the Expansion subfolder but then, the game cannot "see" them. The question is whether this is normal and what is the purpose of the Expansion subfolder.

The Expansion folder is for OA, these files are located in there. Usermade addons/mods belongs to own folders as usual and ingame in the Expansion sections you can activate/deactivate the addons/mods as you need them. It still needs a restart after changing mods.

If you already have Arma2 installed before you install Arrowhead, or if you've bought Combined Ops, then effectively, Arrowhead installs as a "modfolder" - called "Expansion", plus a new executable file...

When you launch Combined Ops (with an appropriate shortcut or launcher) basically what happens is...

* load (core A2) - thats the original Arma2 "addons" folder contents

* load (arrowhead) - use "Expansion" as the first modfolder to be loaded

* load (other mods) - load any other modfolders found in the main game directory which are designated in the shortcut or launcher as active

* read (other mods) - read the names of any other modfolders found in the main game directory and list them in the "Expansions" option on the main game menu...

Some slight confusion sometimes occurs since the "modfolder" name for Arrowhead is "Expansion", while - in game - the Main Menu title for additional "user mods" is also "Expansion"... same name, but two slightly different things...

@Whitebishop... almost the right section for this query - it can be confusing for new guys... "Addons & Mods - Discussion", or even just "General" for this sort of question I guess... no matter... answered now... welcome to the forums and the game!

B

Edited by Bushlurker