Sign in to follow this  
Zalsak

Need help with custom sounds!

Hi!

I've got custom sounds to work and loop but i want it to be heard only in certain area not in the whole map. I want the volume increase and decrease smoothly. Sound source is radio object.

Thanks!

I used and didn't find anything. I even googled like 2 hours but i found only one for OFP which didn't work.

I found it. Weird that google and search didn't show anything...

Hmm, loop you say? For say/say3D commands, a good looping sound won't work. The best you can hope for is add manual fadein and fadeout on the sound source, and then try to time the playback perfectly. I'm using this method for an oxygen mask. Since there will typically be other windlike sounds played as well when this is played, it will help camouflage the slight increase in constant oxygen hiss during restart of the sound.

Search for triggers and cfgSFX instead, that is the only known way to do perfect looping sounds. It has its own share of problems though, i.e. that the trigger may still be there but the actual sound suddenly gets missing (for reasons unknown to me, and probably anyone).

Both these methods support spatial location of the sound (will attenuate with distance and way you're facing), but again - both have problems.