Sign in to follow this  
x3kj

M2A2 vs. M2A3 ERA?

Am i wrong or does the M2A2 (no reactive armor) withstand more "abuse" then the M2A3 ERA (reactive armor) ?

I shot at both with a BTR90 , AA rounds, all at the same spot

front: M2A2 28 rounds, M2A3 only 20 rounds

side: M2A3 about 50 rounds, M2A3 about 40 rounds

With RPG (weakest rounds) to the side the M2A3 explodes after 2 shots, M2A2 after 3 shots (more or less unusable after 2 but it is still "existant")

Edited by Fennek

yes, the M2A2 have a config armor value of 400 versus 300 for the M2A3 - God knows why..

Confirmed. M2A3 should be on a par with Warrior for armour but it's way short. Conversely the BMP2 is considerably over armoured as well.

I have an open ticket on T72's on CIT at the moment as well. Would be nice to see a bit of a review of armoured units in a patch/DLC of the future.

Somebody should make a CIT ticket for these two vehicles to be fixed, since it's literally a 1 line fix it should be patched soon.

Somebody should make a CIT ticket for these two vehicles to be fixed, since it's literally a 1 line fix it should be patched soon.

One line fixes are always the hardest to get fixed in any game. I'd be a millionaire if I got a dollar for every simple one line fix not fixed in patches. I think there are still one line fixes not fixed in the IL-2 game series nearly ten years after the initial release.

Edited by Cobra84

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13933

Made a ticket on this issue. I hope it´s correct, can somebody check it over and correct/detail the issue further?

This should be resolved pretty quickly if it indeed is an issue, if we can get some votes on this.

Cheerio

Insta

It might be a good idea to state the numbers explicitly, i.e. M2A2=300, M2A3=400. By the way, does anyone know of a list somewhere that states the vanilla armor config values as such of all or most of the armored vehicles? It may be useful to see if there are any similar errors for other vehicles and fix them at the same time.