Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

Explosions in opf suck big time!

my friend just got a

p4 2.2 gig processor

768 MB DDR ram

geforce 4 (ti4600 i think)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it needs "brackets" for stabilisation<span id='postcolor'>

the correct term is sabot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my friend just got a

p4 2.2 gig processor

768 MB DDR ram

geforce 4 (ti4600 i think)<span id='postcolor'>

Who cares ?  It's a thread about explosions not the specs of a friend's computer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kill all Pentiums! AMD all the way!<span id='postcolor'>

Shut up already, I'm tired of all AMD owners braging how smart they are. Call my friend in Guatemala, see if he cares, because I sure as hell don't.

AP rounds from the A-10 shouldn't explode either.  By the way, A-10's AP rounds are incapable of disabling a modern MBT.  A-10 in real life uses its missiles to destroy tanks, not its 30mm cannon.  The PGU-14B API rounds are only capable of penetrating 69mm of armor at 500 meters, and only 38mm armor penetration at 1,000 meters.  They are used against APCs, bunkers and other vehicles.

I think the game engine should be tweaked.  It is now possible to destroy the T-55/M60 Patton tanks with M2 machine gun if only you fire long enough.  Abrams and T-80 also take damage from fragmentation grenades, which in real life they wouldn't get scratched.

Would it be so hard to implement this ?

I mean you can destroy the A-10 by shooting it with M16 rifle.  Yet in real life the aircraft is surrounded with enough armor to withstand 23mm armor piercing rounds.  It's little things like these that are really annoying at times as they are highly unrealistic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 02 2002,11:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yesterday I played Delta Force 3, and I launched an AT-4 against 2 soldiers, the Explosions were far better than in OFP, I also think the sound of an Glock 18 of Delta Force 3, Rocks!! Also the death-animations of the enemy rocks, and if you shoot them they starve immediately, something which OPF doesn't do, Hey, Make no mistake about it, I think OPF, is the best wargame ever, but with a little help from Delta Force 3, it could be the best game for years to come,<span id='postcolor'>

What are you talking about? DFLW sucks! I hate practically everything about that game. And the explosions dont suck. try blowin shit up at night, and see if DFLW can do THAT

Having had a friend that blows stuff up on his ranch (old cars, outhouses,toilets,you name it) with gunpowder bobms, the OFP explosions arent that bad. Hell, even the explosion SOUND isnt that bad.

But as god is my witness, the sound effect for incoming arty suck like there is no tomorrow.

The explosions are fine. Its not like the "Orange Balls" stick around for minutes on end; they end quick. Its when ALL explosions result in those firey mushroom clouds that they become unrealistic. They dont do that unless they kill something flamable.

Hey you, dumbass, Epyilon, There IS a Pentium III 2.0 Ghz, I just bought one, how is that possible when it doesnt exist, Just first check on the facts before you say something dumb, Wiseguy,

There are no intel P3 2GHz processors.

From

Intel P3 page

sbhd_p3pfeatures.gif

Available speeds 1GHz; 933MHz, 866MHz, 850MHz, 800MHz, 750MHz, 733MHz, 700MHz, 667MHz and 650MHz

Chipset Intel® 815E, 815, 815EP, 815P, 815G, 815EG, 810E2, 810E, 810 chipset

Features P6 Dynamic Execution micro-architecture

Internet Streaming SIMD Extensions

Non-Blocking Level 1 Cache

256 KB Level 2 Advanced Transfer Cache

Intel MMX media enhancement technology

Cache Level 1: 32K (16K for infrastructure and 16K for data)

Level 2: 512KB unified, non-blocking, or an integrated 256KB Advanced Transfer Cache

RAM SDRAM and Rambus* technology RDRAM

System Bus Frequency 100 MHz

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 03 2002,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey you, dumbass, Epyilon, There IS a Pentium III 2.0 Ghz, I just bought one, how is that possible when it doesnt exist, Just first check on the facts before you say something dumb, Wiseguy,<span id='postcolor'>

Toolman,

you are now getting into position where you could be flamed.

As Daishi pointed out, there is no such thing as P3 2.0Ghz. either you got 1.0GHz or got over-clocked version of it, or you got P4.

check YOUR facts first.

This forum had enough number of idiots who think something is not real and bla bla bla.

Here's something i'd like to tell you. Many forum members are ex- or currently enlisted men. They know the shit, and they don't complain about such dumb things. If you read in earlier pages, they talk about unrealistic portraial of hand grenades, but they don't whine and bitch like you, claiming that explosion is not REAL, when you obvisouly watched toomany movies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 03 2002,09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey you, dumbass, Epyilon, There IS a Pentium III 2.0 Ghz, I just bought one, how is that possible when it doesnt exist, Just first check on the facts before you say something dumb, Wiseguy,<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif

Where did you buy it?

Ha, now that's funny. You know when you are screwed when the mods start flaming you.

My suggestion, go back to DF3, it's a game that has been designed with the P3 2ghz in mind and takes full advantage of it through the pirotechnics. Unfortunatly OFP doesn't handle that proc quite as well as you have pointed out.

COLINMAN

Ok, I admit I was wrong, I got an Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz, Now you're guys happy? Now you can all go and call me a dumbass, that's fine isnt it? Im outta here, I dont want nothing to do with someone who thinks he is better than another cause he dont complains about explosions, or by mistake said he has an Pentium 3 with 2.0 Ghz, ( I mean Ralph Wiggum, the one who knows everything better,)

I just found it funny when you said:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just first check on the facts before you say something dumb, Wiseguy,<span id='postcolor'>

Sometimes we all accidentally say something stupid. smile.gif

Good. biggrin.gif

This is a fairly laid back forum just don't piss anyone off. (Trust me)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 03 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I admit I was wrong, I got an Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz, Now you're guys happy? Now you can all go and call me a dumbass, that's fine isnt it? Im outta here, I dont want nothing to do with someone who thinks he is better than another cause he dont complains about explosions, or by mistake said he has an Pentium 3 with 2.0 Ghz, ( I mean Ralph Wiggum, the one who knows everything better,)<span id='postcolor'>

hehe HE must have bought it from PC WORLD. tounge.giftounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

Hey, it's not too bad. I suggest you post your topic in the Ghost Recon forum and keep it the same, but change OFP to GR so you are saying the DF3 explosions are better than GR, then sit back and let the shit fly. Oh yeah if you could sneak in the P3 2Ghz it would make all the better. The people over there are evil and visious smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ May 03 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, I admit I was wrong, I got an Pentium IV 2.0 Ghz, Now you're guys happy? Now you can all go and call me a dumbass, that's fine isnt it? Im outta here, I dont want nothing to do with someone who thinks he is better than another cause he dont complains about explosions, or by mistake said he has an Pentium 3 with 2.0 Ghz, ( I mean Ralph Wiggum, the one who knows everything better,)<span id='postcolor'>

so, when you make mistake, it's ok, and when someone is accused of making mistake by you you get to curse at them..very funny.

the only reason i don't complain much is becuase i know how much BIS is in trouble as is with all their stuff. VBS, Resistance, O2 and so on. and most of those things were already discussed at this forum long time ago. those, as far as i see, are minor.

you think i think i'm better than you? you must be some sort of psychologically oppressed person. this forum had enough a-holes like you. you said it was P3, not P4 and called other ppl idiots when they pointed out that you were wrong.

i really don't give a damn if you stay around acting like an a-hole, but dont expect others to be kind to you for acting like this continuously.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ May 03 2002,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, it's not too bad. I suggest you post your topic in the Ghost Recon forum and keep it the same, but change OFP to GR so you are saying the DF3 explosions are better than GR, then sit back and let the shit fly. Oh yeah if you could sneak in the P3 2Ghz it would make all the better. The people over there are evil and visious smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

they have explosions in GR? tounge.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (moerty @ May 02 2002,18:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ May 02 2002,16:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LordZach @ May 02 2002,16<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you went around making them all high-res textures could you imagine what would happen what would happen someone went around in an MI-17 holding down the fire key?<span id='postcolor'>

I only need the Mi17 and nothing else on desert island firing all its rockets and my computer gets bogged down full stop. With a PIII 450, 256mb RAM and a TNT2.<span id='postcolor'>

lol i have exactly the same system, but it can handle everything except zooming in on a smoke grenade.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but I bet you don't have a shitty systemboard that has sound and modem in the one chip on the board (I think this is the case but don't hammer me if I am wrong), a LAN onboard that won't work at all, slow, one PCI slot with an ISA slot in the same place so you can't have an ISA and a PCI card in at the same time so can't have a 3D card in as well as a LAN card, only had 8mb onboard AGP video (shit), a BIOS that won't let you do much at all. Its a pretty crap system.

I got it in 1999 when I didn't have a clue about computers... I wish I knew then what I know know. I had $3000 (Australian) then.

I like the explosions especially the sound. Very fulfilling.