Sign in to follow this  
Ghoulees

Crosshair inaccurate - can u re-calibrate?

Hi All,

I find the crosshair/cursor really inaccurate in my version. on a stationary target I need to aim low and right in order to score a head shot. When I try to target clearly visible enemies, the cursor does not change to red, and thus I can't order squad members to targer certain things. Also, in gunships, the cannon always fires high or off to the side. I have expended all my ammo on a UAZ once, without even damaging it!

This is my only problem with the game really, but I have to say, a really, bloody annoying one! If anyone knows why this might be (as I don't see any other comments along this line), please let me know. I have P4, 1.6Gz, WinME, GeForce3.

Hope you're havin fun, Ghoul. confused.gif

the crosshair is supposed to be inaccurate. if you want dead on use iron sights. that's realism smile.gif

to get squadmates to target enemies hit their # (f2 f3 etc) or ~ for all of them and then the red will appear when you highlight the enemy.

Um.....Since there are not adjusable windage and elevation knobs on your scope in OFP you have to use Kentucky windage to compensate for bullet drop. (There is this thing called gravity.) So it is in fact pretty accurate. You can't expect to score a head shot with the crosshairs right on the head at both 100m and 500m without adjusting the scope.

Obviously you do not shoot in real life. tounge.gif

I noticed something similar. It isn't that the gun is innacurate.

The gun is just fine.

What I noticed is that the aim for the iron sights doesn't line up with the dot of your non weapons view aiming.

That little dot that tells you where your bullet is going to land I mean.

For example, I hold still and not move the mouse. I see where I am aiming in weapon view. Then I switch out of weapon view. The dot is like one foot to the left. I have been completely still the whole time. I have noticed this several times.

This only happens with the MP5 and M16 so far I have noticed.

Eerm i think they are talking abou a bug not a compensation thing...i believe it happens to them even with the iron sights...

My iron sight is completely accurate...i can hit a guy in the head with an m16 from 300mt if i can see siloute so i believe they have a real problem... i don´t think it has to do with wing comppensation.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ghoulees @ May 02 2002,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have P4, 1.6Gz, WinME, GeForce3.<span id='postcolor'>

Shit you have a better system than me! But real soon I'm getting an AGP card that is WAY better than shitty Gforce crap biggrin.gif