Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

War on terrorism the computer game!

Check This Out!!

In other words, its Delta Force: Task Force Dagger, the newest installment in the DF series. The game itself looks incredible so far, i just thought it was hilarious that they actually made a computer game based on the war in Afghanistan.....then again, this doesnt surprise me in the slightest.

not much can be done to make afghanistan fun

"go blow up that hilltop that has no defense whatsoever and no threat to you."

feature.jpg

Eh, how incredebly lame...

Denoir, I couldn't have said it better myself.

I have been a fan of the DF series most of the way through, but I won't be getting this one.

Talk about cashing in on negative sentiments!

yeah, justice for everyone except the people we're blowing the living shit out of....However, this is why i play games. You CAN do things in them that you cant do anywhere else.

Forgive me, but Delta Force series never impressed me. I mean jesus, look at the screenshot below. This is a game that is in development ? Flashpoint was released a year ago and its graphics are far superior to Delta Force's, even a year later. This looks like Mech Warrior from 6 years ago. I'd insult my GeForce card by having it render such uglyness. In one attempt BIS has achieved what the Delta Force series has been trying to do for many many years.

taskforce_screen006.jpg

...................................................................Still lookin forrward to sniping with some new toys biggrin.gif

They havent. This is a stand-alone mission pack. Nothing more than an addition to LandWarrior but without the need for the original game. At the most, they've just fixed a lot of glitches and things.

uhhh.....bummer.

I thought that maybe they were going to make a new DF game engine. Get with the times Novalogic!

Who cares? I want to get back to stat sniping. I miss having those HUGE numbers in front of kills, accuracy, and headshots.

LOL !

You sound like a counter-strike newbie who's more concerned about headshots than the overall battle experience. A true arcade loving guy.

There you go again with them negative waves advocateXXX. Can't you just think happy thoughts like how beautiful the countryside is? tounge.gif

or happy thoughts like 'how beautiful that contorting corpse is who just took it through the eye socket at 600 meters out'?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ May 01 2002,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL !

You sound like a counter-strike newbie who's more concerned about headshots than the overall battle experience.  A true arcade loving guy.<span id='postcolor'>

Please! I LOVED having my stats kept track of! It was so cool to be the only one i knew of with %55 overall accuracy. No where near snipers in real life, but it made me happy wink.gif

Is that how the game actually looks??

How old is this game?

Its been around a while. Maybe 2 and a half years. Dont mistake this for a new game, this is just a stand-alone addon. But yeah, they're keeping their current graphics engine it looks like.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ May 02 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There you go again with them negative waves advocateXXX. Can't you just think happy thoughts like how beautiful the countryside is? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oddball! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 02 2002,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When the WW2 mods are released I'd love to do a mission based on Kelly's Heroes...<span id='postcolor'>

As long as we get the Sherman's with paint cannons biggrin.gif

That part of the movie was so sixties, like wow baby.....

I wouldn't mind the Tiger tanks. I would not send it up a narrow road tho, thats asking for trouble.