Sign in to follow this  
callihn

Simple Support Module Questions

I have two questions that so far I have not been able to answer about this module.

Is there a way to only allow certain players to use it?

and

Is there a way to limit the amount of times it can be called in a given time frame?

Yes, and,

Yes.

I had a mission which allowed 3 Team Leaders to use the module. I will see if I still have it. I might not. I gave up on the SSM. It is actually pretty useless, IMO. I use the Arma 2 SOM setting for, whatever.

EDIT: But, oh, I don't have a solution for the second , "Yes", but I know I have seen posts about others doing it. It is possible, though, that I am mistaking the SOM and the SSM, in regards to that.

EDIT: Well, I have the mission, but I must have deleted the script from my script folder. I quit trying to us that thing a couple of weeks ago, or so, and I have so much WIP, I have to delete some of it, sometimes. I guess that is what happened (accidently). I am sure there must be posts about limiting to certain players, the time frame for use, and also how many times it can be available.

EDIT: After going through the mission further, it is one of the earliest versions of the test missions. I do not even have the final config I had for the SSM. I tried to back track and remember what I was doing and what I searched for, but I came up empty. At least, for the limiting to certain players, see if you can find a script for the Arma 2 SecOp that can be adapted to the SSM.

BTW, what is the main reason you want to use the SSM? I mean, they named it that because it really is simple. For instance, with an arty call, with the Arma 2 SecOp, you can have all the available arty options come up in the menu, like smoke, or adjust fire, etc.

One more thing, and I assume you know this, but, you can use both the SSM and SOM, but not with the SOM option for SecOp.

Edited by CyOp

Mainly for the UAV ability. ;)

But the side missions would be handy too if only they worked.

I'd like to do simular with the Secop as far as controling who can use it and how often but could not figure that out either, although I could limit the users the icon still showed for everyone if I remember correctly.

I have given up on both because of these issues since i do not wish too alow them to be used to make a spamfest out of the mission.

You can use the UAV without the SSM or the SOM.