Sign in to follow this  
burdy

Spawn Points

Im just wondering, how do you make spawn points in the Mission Editor?

it depends on what you want to do, but basically you use the camCreate command for objects or the createUnit and createVehicle commands for units and vehicles

Best use the mp editor for that, as you cannot spawn in sp, nor in the editor.

open up mp, and create a new server, and then pick a map.

place a player, and then go to markers, place a marker somewhere you want your guy to respawn, and name the marker:

For:

Blufor name the marker: Respawn_west

Opfor name the marker: respawn_east

resistance name the marker: respawn_Guarilla (not correct spelling)

increase the size of the marker and you wil respawn in the marker anywhere.

Now if you save that mission you made, small or big dont matter, then be sure to save as :

usermission just in case you want to reedit which normally you will want to, and then export it to mp.

Now for respawn you will have to add a script to the mp mission folder, or you will not respawn even though you have the markers down.

Find your mission you created at this address on your computer, this is where the mission will be located:

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\OFP\MPMissions\mymission.island name

I'm not sure what is used in OFP like Armaedit but im assuming Armaedit will work but anyways you need a program called Armaedit

cant say for sure as I had only done mp mission a couple of time ages ago in OFP.

create a new Sqf file and name it:

description

In the file put this code down:

respawn="BASE";
respawndelay=5;

The respawn base is you will respawn at the marker you put down.

the respawndelay is the amount of time it will take til you respawn, so if you wanted lets say 20 sec, then change the 5 to a 20.

Also if you are playing wih friends or want other people to join you then you will need to add other soldiers or whatever to the game and make them playable.

When you make them playable then a list of soldiers will show up in the list to pick from when you go to play your mission.

You can also play your mp mission on your own computer.

When you exit the mp mission editor, you should see your mission in the list based on the island you put it on.

Hope that helps.

Best use the mp editor for that, as you cannot spawn in sp, nor in the editor.

open up mp, and create a new server, and then pick a map.

For:

Find your mission you created at this address on your computer, this is where the mission will be located:

C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\OFP\MPMissions\mymission.island name

I'm not sure what is used in OFP like Armaedit but im assuming Armaedit will work but anyways you need a program called Armaedit

cant say for sure as I had only done mp mission a couple of time ages ago in OFP.

create a new Sqf file and name it:

description

Arma edit works for OFP, though the missions folder will be located in your Operation Flashpoint\Users\Username\Missions or MPMissions folder and the file extention is .ext (file needs to be description.ext), sqf is rarely used in OFP

the file extention is .ext (file needs to be description.ext)

Ya I knew that thanks for the reminder, thats what I meant, I hardly make them,

as I always copy and past from a folder I created of premade scripts I made long ago, cuts down the work to make a mission.

I rarely play OFP anymore sorry to say, Im just to busy with making missions and modding for Arma 2.

But in general what I said should work, make the adjustments necessary as POPKA has pointed out.