Sign in to follow this  
w00teh

Newbie question

Goodday people !

Just started playing ARMA II - AO, and i'm excited about this game. Played for about 2 hours total because i had some CTD issues... I fixed those, and was able to play for a whole hour yesterday.

I am in the second mission where i am commander in a tank. Everything went fine, until i accidently pressed "disembark" on all.

So, there i was, alone in my tank, with like 10 guys on the floor, and 3 abandoned APC's. it took me like 20 minutes to get all of them back into their vehicles, selecting them, clicking the APC i wanted them to drive... that's far too long.

I think i missed the message telling me how to get them all back in their vehicles in like 1 click.

Could someone tell me how to do that ? Thanks alot in advance :)

Edited by w00teh
could a mod move my post to the newbie question section please ?

You can use the radio commands.

Select the right number of crewmen via the function keys, then press 4 and select the vehicle to board, position "anywhere".

Or you should be able to do the same in the command view "NumPad ." with selecting the right number of crewmen at once and then clicking on the vehicle to board.

If your the leader and can see all the men at the bottom of your screen you can select them by pressing F1 , F2 , F3 etc to highlight them.

Then you just point your mouse at the Vehicle you want them to board and click ... they will all then jump in.

If you wanted to put one in the driver and one in the gunner, you can do this individualy by pressing their relative unit number, again clicking the vehicle with your mouse but this time telling one of your units to get in a specific position within the vehicle itself.

ie :- F1 is for the first man on your list and F6 is the last man on your list if you have 6 men in your fireteam.

May I also suggest you take a look at the ingame Editor as this is the place you can create your very own missions based on your own ideas. There is plenty of places that give easy tutorials on how to get started with this.

Armaholic has a Mission Editor Tutorial available for download HERE !

Happy Gaming :)