Sign in to follow this  
ghost231

No more online multiplayer ?

must say what a brillient piece of planning with the imminant release of BAF they decide to do maint on the same day.i just love these multi billion dollar companies with cheap tack planners???

must say what a brillient piece of planning with the imminant release of BAF they decide to do maint on the same day.i just love these multi billion dollar companies with cheap tack planners???
Whats puzzles me ist that nobody seems to be able to put in a server IP manually anymore these days...all euro servers are empty right now.

The servers are still up...its just gamespy that's down.

Whats puzzles me ist that nobody seems to be able to put in a server IP manually anymore these days...all euro servers are empty right now.

The servers are still up...its just gamespy that's down.

Who knows what the IP address of any of the servers I play on are? Does anyone actually keep a written list someplace by the computer desk of IP addresses of their favourite servers?

Thats just ridiculous. I join based on server name or at worst case scenario, by keyword search. Almost all of the time I play on one or possibly two servers, that I just join and have never known their IP addreses, I shouldn't need to know them. No idea what the IP addy of any server is. This is 2010, not 1999, the IP addy is rarely used and shouldn't need to be. And since it is 2010, there should be a backup someplace that keeps running with the main server list so the whole damn thing doesnt have to be down for so long. Seems like common sense to me? Anyone else?

Edited by Slyder73

Who knows what the IP address of any of the servers I play on are? Does anyone actually keep a written list someplace by the computer desk of IP addresses of their favourite servers?

Thats just ridiculous. I join based on server name or at worst case scenario, by keyword search. Almost all of the time I play on one or possibly two servers, that I just join and have never known their IP addreses, I shouldn't need to know them. No idea what the IP addy of any server is. This is 2010, not 1999, the IP addy is rarely used and shouldn't need to be. And since it is 2010, there should be a backup someplace that keeps running with the main server list so the whole damn thing doesnt have to be down for so long. Seems like common sense to me? Anyone else?

TV2, SuicidEsquad, XR...they all have websites with their Server IPs. Copy and paste. Google is your friend.

Slyder, you should know better. ;)

One of the servers you regularly play on is:

IP- 64.120.46.50

Port- 2402

Alternatively, you could have found the information here:

http://armacalypse.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10

Slyder, you should know better. ;)

One of the servers you regularly play on is:

IP- 64.120.46.50

Port- 2402

Alternatively, you could have found the information here:

http://armacalypse.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10

I do know better, but I like to bitch sometimes about issues where solutions are always for those who do know better. There are a lot of players (some of my friends, including an elderly inlaw who loves war games) who don't even know that servers have IP addresses, let alone how to find them. Lots of click and play older players out there. For them, the servers being down means the game is broken. It also means that I get the "tech support" panic calls, "my computer isn't working" lol. :D