Sign in to follow this  
Dirkeschtan

Advice for a newbie

Hi

I just got Arma II as a gift from a friend, i played the first one and enjoyed it

a lot. My question is just that i'm struggling to find the right settings to play

it on, as i'm not sure what settings to change to get what effect etc etc.

I would really appreciate it if someone coudl give me a suggestion of what settings to run it on with my current pc specs.

Here are my machine specs:

CPU = Intel Core i7 920 ( 2.67Ghz )

Motherboard = INTEL® "Extreme Series" "Smack Over" X58 - Socket LGA1366 @ QPI Up To 6.4GT/s - 4x DDR3-1333 (Tri Ch), 8x SATAII RAID, 3x PCI Express x16 (1@ x4), 1x PCI Express x1, 1x PCI Slots, 12x USB 2.0 (4x Cable), 2x IEEE1394,SATA RAID Support, Crossfire Ready, Intel 8ch HD Audio, Dolby Home Theatre™ & Intel Audio Center, Intel® Gigabit LAN, Full ATX

RAM = 8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 ( 4 slots, 2 GB modules in each)

Graphics = ASUS ATI® Radeon HD5870 - 1GB GDDR5, 256-Bit Memory Bus, PCI Express 2.0, 2x DVI, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI, HDCP Compliant,Core: 870MHz / Memory: 4800MHz, DirectX 11, OpenGL, ATI® AVIVO HD & Powerplay, ATI Eyefinity, ATI Crossfire - Win Vista / 7 Certified

OS = Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit

Keyboard = Logitech Wave

Mouse = Microsoft X8 Gaming Wireless

Sound = Onboard

Thank you in advance !

Hi and welcome to the community.

You should be able to run it all maxed out for I am able to have fun that way and my rig is much "older" than yours.

But make sure you did all patches at least up to 1.05.

You might also try the latest beta patches.

Have fun!

Hi

Thanks for the quik reply :)

I have been trying it out of max but i seem to experience lag when i play

in mp game modes on my local machine, not online ( i understand internet lag :P )

but if i host a game like war 3 front i an play for a while then the gameplay starts to get jittery and stuttery, this doesn't happen in sp modes.

are you running the latest game patch 1.07 and latest radeon driver (I'm using 10.6 as I had probs with 10.7)?

Look at the top of the page, pinned threads specifically for 1. Noobies and 2. PC/Spec questions.