Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

World lighting - Pacific blue?

Guys,

1) Any idea how BIS are triggering the different lighting for the OA maps (ie yellow effect) ?

(Specificically where the code is and how its triggered for just a map load without a mission/script)

2) Any idea how to change this to a nice Pacific blue type of tint ?

hey gnat, I havent played around with this too much personally and i might have got you wrong, but why dont you just copy the "class lighting:" from one of the AO island configs?

that might work!

I've included the full spiel from the Cherno config in my Scotland config in the hope it'll make the lighting dreary and grey...:o

...there seems to be some more dramatic filtering effects happing in OA though... Xeno has some "tonal" fx happening in his Domination (weather script I think) which comes and goes during play... not sure how he achieved that, or if it would be possible to actually include such a fixed filter fx into an island design, which I think is what you're talking about...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I've used the Utes "class lighting:" for mana island, I thought about tweaking things but i've been a bit hesatant to alter any values because it would be a bit difficult without any sort of realtime update to see results instantly (not to mention theres a lot of values).

Maybe if you want a more pacific blue tint you could have a look at the island config for Porto from arma1?.

Edited by mikebart

I don't know whether that changed with OA, but for ArmA2 the DefaultLighting class does always kick in for every island. Maybe you want to check that.

I don't know whether that changed with OA, but for ArmA2 the DefaultLighting class does always kick in for every island. Maybe you want to check that.

yep you're right. It looks like the OA desert terrain is using the arma2 default lighting, but takistan and zargabad are quite different to the default lighting, they're the same except zargabad has slightly more ground reflection

Edited by mikebart